It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Exclamation Can't go

When I get diareha standing up I can push it out when I sit on toilet it seems to lock up , push hard it starts then sphincter locks up. Ben through bio feedback for puborectalisis which hasn't worked. Could this have any spinal issues causing this or muscle pressing on nerves? Can't get anywhere with gastro and neuroligist. Gut is making all kinds of noise gas and bloating, when stool is formed I can get it out, but have to strain please anybody been through this? Going on for almost 2 years?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Can't go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
When I get diareha standing up I can push it out when I sit on toilet it seems to lock up , push hard it starts then sphincter locks up. Ben through bio feedback for puborectalisis which hasn't worked. Could this have any spinal issues causing this or muscle pressing on nerves? Can't get anywhere with gastro and neuroligist. Gut is making all kinds of noise gas and bloating, when stool is formed I can get it out, but have to strain please anybody been through this? Going on for almost 2 years?
When you are pushing that hard on your rectal and anal muscles it can make them close up because you are forcing a lot of pressure on them. Try taking ten slow deep breaths and hold it to the count of fifteen(slowly,like saying in your head (1 1,000, 2 1,000,3 1,000.etc.) then slowly exhale through pursed lips. Keep repeating the cycle for up to 30 minutes if needed. Put on relaxing music it helps your mind to relax then in turn your muscles in the rectum and anal area will relax. I know this works because I use this method every day to move my bowels. When sitting on the toilet put your feet up on a foot stool or stacked books so that your knees are higher than your rectum and lean forward as this helps the sphincter muscles in your rectum and anus to relax more making it easier to pass stool. I hope this will help to move your bowels easier. I know how much it hurts to move your bowels when you strain and force the stool out as I have had lifelong constipation problems. In the past I have strained so hard to move my bowels that I have tears streaming down my face and have caused internal hemorrhoids to bleed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
When you are pushing that hard on your rectal and anal muscles it can make them close up because you are forcing a lot of pressure on them. Try taking ten slow deep breaths and hold it to the count of fifteen(slowly,like saying in your head (1 1,000, 2 1,000,3 1,000.etc.) then slowly exhale through pursed lips. Keep repeating the cycle for up to 30 minutes if needed. Put on relaxing music it helps your mind to relax then in turn your muscles in the rectum and anal area will relax. I know this works because I use this method every day to move my bowels. When sitting on the toilet put your feet up on a foot stool or stacked books so that your knees are higher than your rectum and lean forward as this helps the sphincter muscles in your rectum and anus to relax more making it easier to pass stool. I hope this will help to move your bowels easier. I know how much it hurts to move your bowels when you strain and force the stool out as I have had lifelong constipation problems. In the past I have strained so hard to move my bowels that I have tears streaming down my face and have caused internal hemorrhoids to bleed.
I have tried that but I have severe pain when sitting in my lower abdomin and seems like im not evacuating all the way gut is bloated and hurts feels like stool packed in colon and also hard to pass gas do you have those symptoms

Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
I have tried that but I have severe pain when sitting in my lower abdomin and seems like im not evacuating all the way gut is bloated and hurts feels like stool packed in colon and also hard to pass gas do you have those symptoms
Have you ever tried using a glycerin suppository to help you pass stool easier ? When I haven't moved my bowels in more than 2 days or more,I pass very foul smelling gas and then I get trapped gas behind the stool that has backed up over several days. Once I am able move my bowels again then I can get rid of the trapped gas and the painful bloating. When I have been very constipated it hurts to sit because of the pressure of stool pushing on the rectal sphincter muscle. I now know not to allow myself to go beyond 48 hours without moving my bowels because if I do then it hurts all that much more to go on the third day. I hope this is helpful to you.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Have you ever tried using a glycerin suppository to help you pass stool easier ? When I haven't moved my bowels in more than 2 days or more,I pass very foul smelling gas and then I get trapped gas behind the stool that has backed up over several days. Once I am able move my bowels again then I can get rid of the trapped gas and the painful bloating. When I have been very constipated it hurts to sit because of the pressure of stool pushing on the rectal sphincter muscle. I now know not to allow myself to go beyond 48 hours without moving my bowels because if I do then it hurts all that much more to go on the third day. I hope this is helpful to you.
Thanks I have tried that pass alittle and no relief my rectum feels like its gone numb, I go every day but no relief I get so much presure . It's even hard to swallow and I have urine retention. It even makes it difficult to take a deep breath. Thanks for your help.

Reply Reply