It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

lpb580 HB User
Unhappy Bowel Movement Pain

Female - 20yrs old - Going to school in Providence, Ri.

About six weeks ago, I started having really painful bowel movements. The pain has gotten less severe in the past weeks but now I have bright right blood coming out after and today some clotted blood.

I've tried to look up what I have (hemorrhoids/anal fissure) but they just don't fit my symptoms that well. About five minutes after using the bathroom I have no pain, itchiness, or burning. It's only during the bowel movement.

Besides going to a doctor which I wouldn't be able to go to until two and a half weeks, does anyone have any suggestions on what I have or treatments to try?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Bowel Movement Pain

The 2 things you mentioned are most likely. Try to keep stools soft with plenty of fiber, water intake and a stool softener you can get OTC. Try not to strain at all. If you can feel a bump or swelling on the outside, you could put some OTC hemorrhoid cream or hydrocortisone cream on it. I would try to see a Dr if it continues or worsens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

lpb580 HB User

Do you think I could have endometriosis?

I have my period right now my cramps are so bad in my back that there going to my rectum and I feel like I could have a baby through my butt right now. I got my period thursday (2/7) and for the week prior was having lower abdomen and back cramps so painfully.

Also recently I've been having a lot of pain near my ovaries/lower abdomen during intercourse so badly that I have to stop.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Yes, if this rectal bleeding started the same time your period started, it absolutely could be. Endometrial tissue can be sometimes found inside the rectum and will bleed when your period occurs, as it responds to hormone changes just like the intrauterine tissue. Endomet. can also cause adhesions in pelvis between uterus and bowel, bladder and uterus, uterus and ovaries, etc. Pain with intercourse is a common symptom. When you get checked for endo, I would ask to have an anoscope done to see if the Dr can see "chocolate" tissue inside rectum. That is what endo tissue would look like.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

lpb580 HB User

thank you!! i unfortunately couldn't get an appoint at my gyn till march 5th.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpb580 View Post
Female - 20yrs old - Going to school in Providence, Ri.

About six weeks ago, I started having really painful bowel movements. The pain has gotten less severe in the past weeks but now I have bright right blood coming out after and today some clotted blood.

I've tried to look up what I have (hemorrhoids/anal fissure) but they just don't fit my symptoms that well. About five minutes after using the bathroom I have no pain, itchiness, or burning. It's only during the bowel movement.

Besides going to a doctor which I wouldn't be able to go to until two and a half weeks, does anyone have any suggestions on what I have or treatments to try?

Thanks
You most likely have internal hemorrhoids.This comes with having hard stools to try to pass and you need to push hard to pass them.
To keep bowel movements soft and easy to pass you, will need to drink a least 64 0z. of water a day,25-30 grams of fiber a day,use fiber supplements like Benefiber,Citrucel,and metamucil at least twice a day. Make moving your bowels daily a priority and after breakfast is a good time to sit on the toilet to try to move them. I am telling you this after years of chronic constipation since my very early childhood. It was caused mostly by my lack of fiber in my diet,not drinking enough water and very poor bowel habits. You are young enough to change your habits so you don't have to suffer from hemorrhoids and chronic constipation. It's no fun, take it from someone who suffered needlessly for most of my life.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
(female)

lpb580 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
You most likely have internal hemorrhoids.This comes with having hard stools to try to pass and you need to push hard to pass them.
To keep bowel movements soft and easy to pass you, will need to drink a least 64 0z. of water a day,25-30 grams of fiber a day,use fiber supplements like Benefiber,Citrucel,and metamucil at least twice a day. Make moving your bowels daily a priority and after breakfast is a good time to sit on the toilet to try to move them. I am telling you this after years of chronic constipation since my very early childhood. It was caused mostly by my lack of fiber in my diet,not drinking enough water and very poor bowel habits. You are young enough to change your habits so you don't have to suffer from hemorrhoids and chronic constipation. It's no fun, take it from someone who suffered needlessly for most of my life.
The problem is my bowel movements aren't hard and I do go daily. I'm a culinary student and eat pretty healthy.

Reply Reply

Tags
anal fissure, bowel movement, endometriosis, hemorrhoids