It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

shyguy1234 HB User
black poop

2 nights ago (friday night) I took pepto bismo because of discomfort in the stomach (diarrhea, ate some fish that was left out for a couple of hours and loaded on ketchup and tarter sauce)) and read that it could cause black poop, i woke up sunday morning (today) and went to the bathroom and my poop was black, got worried and walked away, came back 10~ minutes later to go again because I kind of rushed to get off and more black poop came out but this one had some brown in it and went again 2 hours later at work i went again and it was diarrhea but was brown. I also have a dull annoyance a little above my kidney area but thats been there for a week on and off and I think it might just be a pulled muscle...Just wondering if it could be anything serious...most likely going to see a doctor soon anyways

I'm 19 5'11, 174 pounds, have had anal fissures and hemorrhoids (not much of a fiber diet, but taking medamucil now), I also just found out a little while ago my uncle was just diagnosed with colon cancer, only family member I know of to have it...hopefully I'm fine but just hoping someone has had a problem like this and can make me feel better

Old 02-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
(male)

theoldiesguy HB User
Re: black poop

The color of your poop really depends upon what you eat.
Eating fish which was not kept under refrigeration for several hours is certainly not a good idea and may have something to with black poop, but you said that there was some brown color which returned. That's good! Just make sure that you don't eat anything which has not been handled properly temperature-wise.
Sounds like a one-time event. If you experience those symtoms again it would be a wise move to consult with your doctor.

Last edited by theoldiesguy; 02-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

It's from the Pepto. You are fine!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldiesguy View Post
The color of your poop really depends upon what you eat.
Eating fish which was not kept under refrigeration for several hours is certainly not a good idea and may have something to with black poop, but you said that there was some brown color which returned. That's good! Just make sure that you don't eat anything which has not been handled properly temperature-wise.
Sounds like a one-time event. If you experience those symtoms again it would be a wise move to consult with your doctor.
the pepto will cause you too have black stools i know this because i just went thru it i ended up in the er who told me that it was from that ..it should clear up in a few days ..,

Reply Reply