It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
(male)

VictoriousLoser HB User
A Number of Sudden Changes & Pains

Hello,

Some background: about a several months a go going to the toilet was painful. Not the passing of stools, but the actual 'wiping' to put it crudely. So bad my eyes watered and I cringed. Basically it sorted itself out after just being more sensitive and, to be blunt, using the toilet less so I wasn't going to keep rubbing up the area.

About a couple months after and I notice a lump on the outside of my rectum, to the back right side of the opening. Feels like a raised bump, it doesn't hurt but its very soft and almost... 'flappy' or 'moveable'. It seems to occasionally go down a little or even uh, 'suck back in'. But it has been consistently 'big' probably slightly smaller than a pea. It causes no pain.

For the last several months: sometimes I'll get random sharp pain in my anus. It comes from nowhere, very sharp and I have to stop what I'm doing and I tense up. It'll go away after a second or two, then sometimes come back with half of the strength until its faded completely in a matter of seconds. This happens occasionally, maybe once every few weeks to a month or more. Very sporadic.

Several months a go: I'd often get achey-sharp pains in my side below my rib cage. They'd ache quite "sharply" for a few minutes then go. I found medicine for wind / acid helped it go, or even just drinking a glass water seemed to possibly help. It could be in either side but was usually the right side.

Today: The above pain has stopped happening. In the last week I had abdominal pain, lower. I've been exercising more suddenly, assumed it was just that. But I think I'm getting gas pains more often suddenly. My lower right abdomen has been aching on and off, its very light pain but sometimes for a few minutes its a little uncomfortable. It can be gone for hours then return.

Seems to happen more at night, or after bowel movements, or sometimes eating. The pain usually radiates all over, moving to a dull sharpness in the chest later on occasionally.

Looked into appendix problems but I'm not convinced its anything like that. Applying pressure sometimes makes it hurt more, but often doesn't. Pain doesn't get worse or less when letting go. Pain is random.

I can feel movement, like gas when putting my hand near that lower right area of my stomach. The pain is sometimes a little lower than the appendix (borderline thigh) but also nearer the side of my body and not the inner. Sometimes its the very side or under the ribcage. After this, it will almost always jump to the left of my body to the side of my back. Sometimes a very similar pain is on the opposite side of my stomach in the same area, almost reflected.

Breathing deeply makes it hurt more sharply. After a little bit it'll pass, but today its been leaving behind a very light dull ache on the lower side (almost hip area) which is weird. The pain isn't constant, nor very much, but its there.

I'm not constipated. Stress and anxiety does tend to make me ill, recently my gag reflex has been off when I get anxious and thats been no help as stress is making me throw up sometimes.

I feel very "dizzy tired" after waking up and throughout much of the day. But I sleep from 3AM to 11PM and I eat one big meal a day (at 5-6PM) and snack up to that.

Father has IBS.

Occasionally since the 'lump' appearing that seems hemorrhoid-like, there will be blood on the tissue after passing a bowel movement. Nothing heavy, but its there.

I've noticed also that in the last week I'm having more bowel movements. Used to be once a day, but now its more like 2 - 4 times suddenly.

Stools are usually of softish consistency. Color seems to range from a general brown to a much darker brown, but nothing black.

In all: just wanted opinions on what might be prompting this. Its a lot of sudden things changing that have concerned me, and I'm becoming overly worried as a lot of these things are common ailments that are also attached to a bunch of ridiculously extreme medical conditions. Seems a lot of people seem to irresponsibly jump to the cancer conclusion when discussing these things online, if that is a possibility I'd want to know but I'm looking for a more grounded, realistic approach to what might be happening here-- whether its my lifestyle or something I should get checked.

Refraining from doctors immediately as I loathe blood tests and I know the needle is going to be the first instinct if I do go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply