It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
(male)

thedpboy HB User
Pain in lower right side-any thoughts?

I have been experiencing pain just above belt line, between hip and navel, but varies in position, for over three years. The pain/discomfort never goes away, but is tolerable for weeks at a time. During flare ups the pain is very uncomfortable and accompanied by significant nausea. Also associated with this are spasms, burning feeling and twinges.

I have seen my internist on several occasions, as well as a GI doc. Test ordered have been blood work, ultra sound, colonoscopy, and two MRI's and a CT scan. All tests were unremarkable and within normal ranges.

The flare ups have become more frequent in the last 6 months and last longer (3-4 days) I have also noticed a change in bowel habits with constipation ( even though I eat at least 40 grams of fiber a day) a big issue. Generally, the pain is more severe while seated and later in the day.

I am really hoping someone on these Boards has ideas because my doctors just dismiss this as "I don't know" or possibly scar tissue from prostate surgery 10 years ago.

I have not been able to associate this with anything in my diet or medications. Initially, I thought liver, but positioning of pain and normal blood test have my internist dismissing this possibility. I have been a regular user of alcohol for several decades however.

Any and all thoughts are certainly appreciated.

Reply Reply