It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
fgs87 HB User
Question Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Ever since I had my gallbladder removed last year I have had problems with my stomach, a couple minutes after I eat I have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea. I want to know what's wrong. I did not have this problem before surgery. It's embarrassing especially when eating out. I was given a powder medication to mix with my drink but I can not drink it, it makes me throw up because of the taste. I don't know what else to do since I no longer have insurance, this daily problem seems to be getting worse. PLEASE HELP

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 38
Megonlegs HB UserMegonlegs HB UserMegonlegs HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Hi there,

I had my gallbladder removed in 2010 and I know what you're going through! One thing my doctor told me prior to my surgery is that having it removed would not alleviate all of the problems. She also told me I would have to change my diet completely to live with the changes.

No more really spicy, rich, dairy-filled foods and limit the ruffage. Yes, you can still eat the stuff that doesn't agree with you, but the result is a trip to the restroom almost as soon as you're done. The only thing I can recommend is to take antacids before you eat, and become aware of the foods that trigger the pain/diarrhea and make sure you don't eat them while out in public.

Unfortunately it's a lifestyle change as long as you want to feel human

Hope things get better for you!

 
Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenfield , Tn. USA
Posts: 131
cabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgs87 View Post
Ever since I had my gallbladder removed last year I have had problems with my stomach, a couple minutes after I eat I have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea. I want to know what's wrong. I did not have this problem before surgery. It's embarrassing especially when eating out. I was given a powder medication to mix with my drink but I can not drink it, it makes me throw up because of the taste. I don't know what else to do since I no longer have insurance, this daily problem seems to be getting worse. PLEASE HELP
My mom and a friend of mine both had this issue after gallbladder removal and they both take proboitics and it takes care of their problem.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
fgs87 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Is probiotics something I can get in pill form?
Thanks

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
fgs87 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

No matter what I eat it does it

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenfield , Tn. USA
Posts: 131
cabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB Usercabin921 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgs87 View Post
Is probiotics something I can get in pill form?
Thanks
Yes it is pill form my mom gets hers at wal mart i think the name of it is align and my friend told me she had talked to her gyno doctor about the bile issue she was having after gallbladder removal and he told her to take the align probiotic also and she said it helped alot. My mom has stopped taking them and her bile issue would come back so she takes one every day now. You might also try eating some greek yogurt daily it has pro biotic in it but might not be enough so i would still try the pills.

Last edited by cabin921; 02-19-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: added

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
fgs87 HB User
Re: Stomach Problems after eating (after gallbladder removal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin921 View Post
Yes it is pill form my mom gets hers at wal mart i think the name of it is align and my friend told me she had talked to her gyno doctor about the bile issue she was having after gallbladder removal and he told her to take the align probiotic also and she said it helped alot. My mom has stopped taking them and her bile issue would come back so she takes one every day now. You might also try eating some greek yogurt daily it has pro biotic in it but might not be enough so i would still try the pills.
Oh okay. Thanks!!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply Reply




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



flipfleury (33), solofelix (26), Babygirl43 (19), rufous57 (19), ladybud (16), quincy (15), sonray (15), TacomaGuy (14), sjb (13), Tweetums (10)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (670), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!