It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
(male)

mbp2000 HB User
Question constipation - hemorrhoids

hello, I have recently been diagnosed with external hemorrhoids. I developed them around half a week ago. I have not been able to poo without the help of laxatives. I am on a small dosage so I still have difficulty, but when I do pass stools, they are very small and narrow. Does anyone have an explanation for this, have my bowels contracted? this baffles me because my hemorrhoids have been diagnosed as external. an explanation and tips would be very much appreciated, sorry if there is already a similar thread, I could not find any exactly the same as mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Re: constipation- hemorrhoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp2000 View Post
hello, I have recently been diagnosed with external hemorrhoids. I developed them around half a week ago. I have not been able to poo without the help of laxatives. I am on a small dosage so I still have difficulty, but when I do pass stools, they are very small and narrow. Does anyone have an explanation for this, have my bowels contracted? this baffles me because my hemorrhoids have been diagnosed as external. an explanation and tips would be very much appreciated, sorry if there is already a similar thread, I could not find any exactly the same as mine.
I have had hemmeroids most of my life and had a normal bowel movement, but 2 years ago had difficulty going went though anal biofeedback and put on laxitives and things got worse. Hard to pass the soft stuff feels like its left in rectum, and severe lower abdominal pain.hurts to sit and hard to pass gas. Do you have the same symptoms, or do you get relief? P.s. all this started after inguinal hernia surgery in 2011

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp2000 View Post
Did your doctor do a rectal exam ? If not,then you could have internal hemorrhoids as well. This could possibly making your stools small and narrow.
The more you have to strain to pass hard stools the more you make the hemorrhoids to swell.
When I get constipated I use a glycerin suppository to help soften the stool just inside the rectum. I can't not allow myself to go beyond 48 hours without moving my bowels because if I do then it hurts that much more to pass stools. I have had to learn the hard way that my constipation problems that I have had all my life is of my own doing, Poor diet,lack of adequate water intake, and not taking the time to move my bowels when I first get the urge to go. Once I stared eating a high fiber diet, drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day, having a set time schedule to move my bowels in the morning I no longer have constipation problems. When I get lazy about my routine for more than 2 days in a orw then I pay for it on the third day by not being able to go without a lot straining and forcing stool out.
Do yourself a big favor and save yourself from a lot of pain and agony by eating a diet rich in fiber,drink adequate water, have a set time schedule for moving your bowels. This will help your hemorrhoids to shrink and heal them. I hope these suggestions will help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
mbp2000 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
(male)

mbp2000 HB User

Yes my doctor did, thank you for the tips. I have been trying to do all of those. I am passing stools easier now. thank you very much. I will avoid needing to push too hard.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
(male)

Zarid19 HB User

Hi

I contracted hemorrhoids two months back, since then i have been trying everything to make it better but it just backfires, I have foods with a lot of fiber like spinach and cabbage, I just don't know what else to do. The doctor prescribed me Castor Oil and Durolax but these worked on me only the first time, i do not know why they don't work anymore even prunes stopped working for me, and i fear if i keep my stool in for a long time i might get constipated again

My stool now somehow is soft for now, but i do not have the pressure to excrete it and due to my swollen hemorrhoids i don't have any other method to get it out

Please can anyone suggest a good method for me to get inner pressure to excrete the stool since i cannot strain on my own (which made things worse).

PS. I already had an enema treatment and i don't want to go through that hell again.

Thanks

Reply Reply

Tags
constipation, hemorrhoids