It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

Earbenet HB User
Inner Pain, Outer Lump

My stools are hard and pellet sized, like a deer...sometimes leaving me with difficulty going to the bathroom. I have a very painful ache inside my bowels above the tailbone area and to the left. The pain is most prominent before and after a bowel movement...and fades an hour, up to a day, later. It's always in the same place...and as of late, I've been feeling a -little- weaker than normal.

I assumed that this is a cut that's being traumatized by further impacted hard stools...quite possibly derived from the sheer volume of cheese pizza I consume. However, I now also have a small lump at the entrance of my anus that's feels fluid filled with a hard bead sized lump inside. This hard pellet seems attached, because while it wriggles around it feels rooted to something inside the flesh.

It's literally right at the entrance, near the back, so it's got me just a bit worried...

Any thoughts?

My assumption is an inner tear coupled with an Anal fistula...but I'm a hypochondriac that worries a lot when something like this happens. Worse yet, I loathe crude things...so talking about this isn't something I really enjoyed doing. Sigh...there's also a mild itch around the hole...oi.

Help.

Last edited by Earbenet; 02-23-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
(female)

linzgirl HB User
Wink Re: Inner Pain, Outer Lump

Hi there ,

I'm a 60 yr old woman, in a wheelchair after 3 operations on my spine.. I've had problems with not being able to go to toilet ever since ..

I found I had to help the little dobbies to come out everytime I went to the toilet..

Not something that was very pleasant but it ended with me bleeding from the bowel , this happened over 10yrears ..

My Dr has now got me an appt at local hospital for a Rectal Exam,
so I'm hoping he doesn't find anything bad.. fingers xxx

I just remembered recently that when I ate Brown Rice it made me go to the toilet.. so I started eating brown rice and it worked!!

I now make a habit of eating a bit everyday..
so I suggest you try the same and see how you go?
Good Luck
Linz girl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Inner Pain, Outer Lump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earbenet View Post
My stools are hard and pellet sized, like a deer...sometimes leaving me with difficulty going to the bathroom. I have a very painful ache inside my bowels above the tailbone area and to the left. The pain is most prominent before and after a bowel movement...and fades an hour, up to a day, later. It's always in the same place...and as of late, I've been feeling a -little- weaker than normal.

I assumed that this is a cut that's being traumatized by further impacted hard stools...quite possibly derived from the sheer volume of cheese pizza I consume. However, I now also have a small lump at the entrance of my anus that's feels fluid filled with a hard bead sized lump inside. This hard pellet seems attached, because while it wriggles around it feels rooted to something inside the flesh.

It's literally right at the entrance, near the back, so it's got me just a bit worried...

Any thoughts?

My assumption is an inner tear coupled with an Anal fistula...but I'm a hypochondriac that worries a lot when something like this happens. Worse yet, I loathe crude things...so talking about this isn't something I really enjoyed doing. Sigh...there's also a mild itch around the hole...oi.

Help.
I have had lifelong problems with constipation and have ad this pain in the tailbone area and somewhat to the left. I experience this when I am very constipated and have had to strain really hard to pass hard stools. It feels like I am being cut up inside with a shard of glass or a knife. I think it's a small tear just inside the rectum.
Speaking from experience that my constipation problems are from my bad diet,inadequate water intake, poor bowels habits. When I eat a diet high in fiber,drink enough water, make time every day to sit on the toilet to move my bowels then I don't get constipated. If I don't move my bowels within 48 hours from the last one then by the third day I am back to square one with having strain excessively to move my bowels and hurts to the point of tears streaming down my face just trying to pass the hard stools.
You might have a cyst . You need to see a doctor and have him do a rectal exam to see if he can feel this and tell you what it is and how to treat it. Do yorself a big favor and change your diet,drink water,give yourself time to move your bowels daily. If you eat abowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed,and a bowl of 6 stewed apricots or prunes for breakfast,a pear or other fruit and 2 vegetables at dinner time then you will have no problem moving your bowels every day as long as you drink lots of water too. Say away from stimulant laxatives. If you get constipated,try using a glycerin suppository instead. I hope these suggestions will be helpful to you !

Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
(female)

linzgirl HB User
Post Re: Inner Pain, Outer Lump

Hi all ,

Like I said, try eating Brown Rice, cooked in the microwave with plenty of water,

That's what works for me
Linz girl x

Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
(male)

Earbenet HB User
Re: Inner Pain, Outer Lump

Actually,

That sounds very similar to my problem, excluding the small lump near the anal entrance. The sharp pain within, to the left, matches yours exactly...and with the sheer volume of cheese pizza I eat, a tear makes sense when thinking about all the bowl problems derived from this eating habit.

I have started to eat more fruit lately, straight honey, and I should prolly get back on an oatmeal kick. Got myself some Activia Yogurt to try and speed along the process a bit.

I'll look into the brown rice, I don't eat enough rice as is...good stuff.

Reply Reply