It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
(male)

OhWhat HB User
Exclamation Help?

Since I posted last year I had no more gallbladder issues or chest pains, or breathing issues. All of that seemed to be stress induced regarding my ongoing digestive issues.

The comprehensive stool analysis showed bacteria infection, 3 'bad' ones in fact.

However, I`m still dealing with the issues.

On the + side I seem to be able to mostly control the gas/bloating now with diet but the bleeding is still there if I eat too much or have >30g of carbohydrates per-day.

I also had blood test done and even taking 10-15g of Glutamine per-day was low, as well as most B Vitamins.

RUTIN - 500mg to 1000mg with each meal has GREATLY helped with the bleeding, I used to bleed with every BM and now it's once a week or once a month depending how good I am with the diet.

The gas is still there but if I eat the healthy, boring things I can control this mostly.

2-4 BM per-day. None are "formed", normally a small amount of liquid and food chunks, and then a couple more firm stools come out.

I've just started on French Pine Bark as well as Plantain and can tell my skin is much more healthy, and my intestines "FEEL" better.

However, my colon (left side; between rib and hip) has a warm burning sensation that seems to increase for a day or two after a large meal. When it's not burning my stools seem more formed. I`m thinking this is inflammation of the colon due to the bacteria ???

I've done a LOT to kick down the bacteria levels and would gladly share if people are interested in what's worked for me. I've tried about everything that's available naturally.

Is it at all possible to totally STOP the bleeding and heal 100% ?
Is it possible to go back to how I was 3 years ago?

I read most about "management" so I need to get my goals aligned with what is really possible.

I love food, and with a high metabolism not being able to consume 3000-4000 calories per-day even being sedentary I can't get weight back above 135 or so pounds. I can't put on muscle mass, and I can't have enough energy to do anything physical past about 1:30pm.

I am trying to push for a stomach acid test, and some *oscopy this year.
One thing I thought was maybe my stomach acid is low, and not digesting food enough and that's caused bacteria overgrowth in the colon.
OR
Bacteria over growth in the small intestine has caused the same problem with digestion due to low stomach acid, and the undigested foods are irritating the colon.

I've tried VSL#3, 2 packets at a time 2x per-day for 45 days and noticed nothing. I've tried every other probiotic, and right now am taking Claire/Klaire? Acidopholius (5-10 capsules nightly) and these have stopped my small intestinal "gurgling".

I notice no "problem" after having a burger (Double Double) from In-N-Out vs having some fish. I just can't have a steak, or lean cut of beef as it constipates me (and causes my lips to crack on the sides the next day), and this is what lead me to stomach acid being a potential issue?

Does magnesium stearate cause low stomach acid or low secretion since it can coat the stomach? (I'm working on replacing as many of my supplements with those NOT containing mag. stearate)

I have many many many more details, and supplement information if needed.

Any feedback?

Last edited by Administrator; 02-23-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply