It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

gurpreetseth HB User
Bowel Disorders

Hi
I am gurpreet after eating meal i need to toilet some times immediately some times after 15/20 minutes this problem i am having from 3/4 years i tried many medicine but no helpful its getting irritating day by day some time its very embarrassing please suggest me on this i will be highly obliged

Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Bowel Disorders

I would wonder if you have a food sensitivity or allergy. That would be most likely if you experience cramping, bloating and/or diarrhea. Do you have any abdominal pain? The other thing to consider is inflammation in the bowel, which usually produces mucus and sometimes blood in the stool. I would try keeping a food diary for awhile along with symptoms and see if any coorelations exist. Likely culprits are dairy, gluten in wheat, barley, rye, etc. Also a daily fiber supplement similar to Metamucil can help. There are lots available OTC. I like the smooth texture with orange flavor best. One tablespoons mixed in water and drunk right away before it thickens can help make bowels less sensitive. May need 1-2 split doses a day. You might read the irritable bowel syndrome IBS threads to get other suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
gurpreetseth (03-01-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
(male)

gurpreetseth HB User

Thanks Miss

let me elaborate, some times i am feeling very little pain in my abdominal while eating egg or pulses ,there is no blood in my stool but there is mucus in my stool and most of the time stool is very loose and in the morning atleat 3 to 4 times i have to go for toilet
aside-- you mention about OTC can you elaborate

Last edited by gurpreetseth; 03-01-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: by mistake previous note was copied

Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

OTC means over the counter-so no prescription needed. The fiber I mentioned is a psyllium seed product ground up into powder and mixed with liquid. Benefiber is another fiber product many people like too. But with mucus and loose stools that frequently, I think you need to see a gastrointestinal Dr to rule out inflammatory bowel disease, like Crohn's or colitis. A food allergy workup and GI infection should be ruled out as well, like Giardia, for example, which is easily treated.

Reply Reply