It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
colon backed up

Just had ct, and it showed stool backed up through assending colon,my gut feeling heavy and making breathing very hard feels like a belt around my stomach. They sent me home to do a bowel prep, has anyone been so backed up it made it hard to breath?

Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
(male)

kor37 HB User
Re: colon backed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
Just had ct, and it showed stool backed up through assending colon,my gut feeling heavy and making breathing very hard feels like a belt around my stomach. They sent me home to do a bowel prep, has anyone been so backed up it made it hard to breath?
ALOHA! TERLIN. I have Been Having Constipation Problems for Over 7 Years, It is the Pits to say the Least. I know what You are Going through. I have had Several Back Surgeries and Now Due to Scartissue it Has Severed My Colon Nerves so that I need to have an Enema Three Times a Week. Do You Take Colace? I take 8 Per Day and I Still Suffer from Hard Stools. I Scream Sometimes and Cry, it is just So Painful.

I have Never had Any Hard Breathing though. I had A Colonustipy about 16 Months ago. And Yes I Do Hate the Prep Procedures. I have just Prayed for YOU. I Pray That You My Be Alright.
Blessings

Kalaukia37

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kor37 View Post
ALOHA! TERLIN. I have Been Having Constipation Problems for Over 7 Years, It is the Pits to say the Least. I know what You are Going through. I have had Several Back Surgeries and Now Due to Scartissue it Has Severed My Colon Nerves so that I need to have an Enema Three Times a Week. Do You Take Colace? I take 8 Per Day and I Still Suffer from Hard Stools. I Scream Sometimes and Cry, it is just So Painful.

I have Never had Any Hard Breathing though. I had A Colonustipy about 16 Months ago. And Yes I Do Hate the Prep Procedures. I have just Prayed for YOU. I Pray That You My Be Alright.
Blessings

Kalaukia37
Hi been to your state twice would like to go again. I did the prep today and nothing happend now I'm really bloated, I've tried enimas before and they stopped working, my rectum is numb, and I told my gastro I can only get out formed stool.dont know what else to do, as to breathing it feels like my gut is pushing against my diaphram. If anybody else reading this please let me know what works. Aloha Terlin

Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
I am almost 52 years old and have suffered from chronic constipation since very early childhood. I remember times when I was so constipated that my abdomen was so extended and hard that it felt like I couldn't breathe. I remember my mom giving me a suppository and an enema and still had to strain so hard my face would turn red and tears would stream down my face because it hurt so much to pass that very long hard BM. I had to be hospitalized as a preschooler for severe constipation.
I now use a glycerin suppository when I haven't moved my bowels within 48 hours of my last BM. If I go 72 hours without moving my bowels then It hurts to try to go and end up having to strain hard to go. I have a set time every morning before I get into the shower to sit on the toilet to move my bowels. It can take up to 30 minutes if I don't drink enough water and eat enough fiber the day before. I listen to relaxing music and do slow deep breathing exercises to help me to move my bowels without straining with all my strength. it a lot less painful as well.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
(male)

kor37 HB User

ALOHA!, FLIPFLEURY;

I Just Read Your Message About Constipation. You Might Try taking DOCUSATE SOD 100MG CAPS. I take up to 8 Per Day just too Keep my Stool as Soft As Possible. I need to take an Enema Every Three Days, It IS THE PITS. Having Several Back Surgeries has Caused My Colon Nerves To Become Severed. I am Struggling SO BAD. Had that Colon Test about 16 Months Ago, Everything was perfect. At that time I was Still able to do my BMS 3 Times Per Week, But Slowly But Surely, Ny Nerves Where Severed. I was Injured over 42 Years Ago. I have tried Everything From Prunes to Myrlax, Nothing Works But and Enema. Had one last Night. It felt real Strange, I did Not Feel Like Going, I waited about 10 Minutes or so on my knees.

I also have a morphine pump implant, my third. They need to be Changed Every 7 Years, Boy O Boy. Have 3 Types of Pain meds in it also. I have it Set AS LOW AS Possible. I Try Not to Eat, Only One Small Meal Per Day. You might Try that Also. I Am Afraid that I may End up With A Colon Bag, THE PITS AGAIN. Tomarrow I am going to see my pre med. Dr., Have Been with him for 17 Years, He is Just A BLESSING TO ME AND MY WIFE. I need Some kind of Refural To some other Dr. I have been Taking enemas for 5 Straight Months Now. My Colon is Getting Numb.

Something is Going To Have To Give Preety Soon. I am Afraid for the First time in My Life. I have had over 20 Surgeries. I do Not care about the Surgeries, But When I wake up, I WANT TO BE HEALED FORM THIS PLEG FOR GOOD. Please Excuse My Caps. I have TRIFOCALS With Lines in them. Sears Made a Mistake when I Got them and They Conned Me Into Using them for Computer Work, I just Hate Them! I am Pushing 70 In Dec. I was Only 29 When i Got Hurt For Life.

If I Need a COLON BAG, it Will Be A BIG Operation. My Wife works for the Bigest Hospital for Over 25 Years in Pharmacy. she issuch a blessing for me. Depression is Now Setting in Real Fast. HAS ANYONE HAD A COLON BAG PUT IN? I have Not Seen Any post about that Yet. Please Email or Post me about that, THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH

BLESSINGS

To You All!

Kor37

Reply Reply