It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
(male)

Traptack HB User
Red face Do I have Fecal impactation? constipation? or am I over thinking it? help please!?

it started two days ago, I usually take a hour walk in the morning. I did my business just fine before taking my walk, but halfway through my walk I felt discomfort in my stomach and had to struggle to hold it in (for 20 minutes or so) before getting home and relieving myself. It was a mixture of two or three lumps? and than diarrhea I think.
I excreted a few hours later; cut to 4pm and i'm doing another workout in the garage, I have 6 minutes left of my workout and the feeling of going to the bathroom comes up again (like earlier that morning) I decide to hold it in, simply because i believed that if I had no problem going after holding it in 20 minutes, 6 minutes would be no problem.

thing is that I didn't feel like/nor was I able to do anything in the toilet after I finished my stuff.
There were several attempts the next day and they yielded no helpful results except for a few small bits?

It was later on the second day that I got myself some prune juice. Keep in mind that all day I had been eating fruits/peach/mangos and increasing my water intake.
During the evening of the 2nd day before I went to bed, I tried and was able to release some of it in the form of direrra, that looked like it was dark dark brown (at first)

the third day (today) I drank prune juice twice throughout the day and kept drinking water, was able to successfully go to the bathroom a few more times, but it was in the form of Diarrhea roughly the same color as they were yesterday, but somewhat lighter?

the thing is that during this time I never really felt like I really had to go to the bathroom (except one instance during the later part of the afternoon)
it was only when I felt a slight bowl movement(?) in my stomach did I try to go excrete.

I can't tell if I have something really hard that's still in me that's blocking the exit, or if i'm overthinking all of this?
I know that for Fecal impactation, people can still release watery/fluid like dirherra that goes around the solid mass, but Prune juice is known to be a natural laxative right? combine that with lots of fiber and water youre bound to have a more water consistency?

so what are your thoughts? i'm worried, should I go visit the doctor and have an x ray taken? how expensive are xrays and the whole process of removal? (for those that have had it done)

I bought some saline laxative (Enemea) when I bought my prune juice, but have yet to use it.

I had tried to slide my index finger up into my rectum to see if I could possibly dig some out? but I never felt any stool and instead felt the walls of the rectum, was I not doing deeper enough? I inserted like 2/3rds of my index finger up, and I did this while I was in a contracting/straining type situation

** I didn't feel any discomfort/bloating or anything like that in my stomach
I wasn't nauseous or felt like I had to throw up or anything. The only thing that was alarming was the fact that I didn't feel like I had to poop even though I felt like I really really had to that one instance (during my afternoon workout)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Do I have Fecal impactation? constipation? or am I over thinking it? help please!

I think you are over-thinking this. Occasional changes in bowel habits happen all the time, probably related to diet variances and activity level changes. If you had a fecal impaction, you would feel constantly like you had to go, but couldn't. You'd feel bloated, full and miserable, and not want to eat. I'd stop all the prune juice etc and just eat normally, exercise normally, and see if things don't go back to normal. You may have had the diarrhea from the prune juice and all the fruits with fiber.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
(male)

Traptack HB User
Talking Re: Do I have Fecal impactation? constipation? or am I over thinking it? help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
I think you are over-thinking this. Occasional changes in bowel habits happen all the time, probably related to diet variances and activity level changes. If you had a fecal impaction, you would feel constantly like you had to go, but couldn't. You'd feel bloated, full and miserable, and not want to eat. I'd stop all the prune juice etc and just eat normally, exercise normally, and see if things don't go back to normal. You may have had the diarrhea from the prune juice and all the fruits with fiber.

ah I certainly hope that's just the case.
well I know for a fact that i've been eating less than I usually have (trying to cut down on weight) and tried to reduce as much grain from my diet as much as possible.

yeah i've only had one or two instances where I think I kinda had the feeling of wanting to go?
However it's usually just air that comes out.
I stopped with the prune juice and i'll see if I can do my business naturally without any aid of any sort.

bloated is like the feeling if you ate too much too right?
I can suck my stomach in just fine and yeah my sense of hunger has not dissipated.

do you by any chance know how much it would cost though for a examination and a removal procedure?

anyhow thanks for the reply, I appreciate it alot!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Do I have Fecal impactation? constipation? or am I over thinking it? help please!

An office visit charge for exam (depends on Dr and your insurance) and I don't know the other cost but I don't think you need it done. Enjoy your weekend!

Old 07-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
(male)

Traptack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
An office visit charge for exam (depends on Dr and your insurance) and I don't know the other cost but I don't think you need it done. Enjoy your weekend!
gotcha, anyhow as an update I can poop a little but it's still a little tough, what comes out is ususally in really small amounts/small.

can't tell if there's something bigger that has yet to come out, or if i'm just pushing nothing, we can't really tell when we're empty can we

thanks for the replies, you too!

Old 07-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

As long as you are moving something out, there is no impaction. Drink lots of water and do a lot of walking and that should get things going. If you're still worried, you can always take a dose of milk of magnesia, which produces results usually in 4 hrs.

Reply Reply