It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2014, 01:45 AM   #1
(male)

SAINTPHILLY HB User
Celiac Symptoms?? Advise please

Ok I posted something similar on here a few weeks back when I suspected I had celiac disease but didn't get much feedback. Both my mum and sister have the disease and Im starting to think in the last couple of months its starting to hit me too.

These are my symptoms..

1. Weird groin / pelvic cramps on my right side (UTI/hernia/sexual infections all ruled out)
2. Other back, thighs, chest and abdomen pains - like ive been to the gym and my muscle aches
3. Cold and flu type illnesses - 2 in the space of 2 months which I just cant seem to get rid of
4. Generally feeling weak, nausea and pale - possibly low iron
5. Irregular toilet habits - excess gas and mal-absorption in my stools (sorry to be graphic)
6. Huge anxiety and depression

Last week I trailed a GF diet and the body pains seemed to ease. I then deliberately glutened myself last night with bread, biscuits and beer. I felt some stomach cramps and I had a massive bout of conjunctivitis in my left eye overnight. Ive never had that in my life before!

My body has taken a 'hit' over the last couple of months but I just wondered if this is the reason why? Im 32 now so part of me is wondering why it took so long to show in me and what the hell has triggered it. Anyways your comments welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Celiac Symptoms?? Advise please

With your family history, there is a good chance you do have Celiac disease. There's a blood test that I believe is pretty accurate but you have to be eating gluten for it to show up positive. An endoscopy with biopsy of your duodenum can also diagnose it. But I'd start with the blood test since it's not invasive.

Celiac can be asymptomatic for many years. But eating gluten is still causing damage to the lining of the small intestines even without symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
celiac disease