It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

vs1988 HB User
Headache 2 weeks after head injury

Hey all

I'm a 16 yr. old male. Exactly 2 weeks ago, I hit my head very hard on the side of a door (I was going really fast and slammed into it full force). Right after it, I felt nauseated and had a headache, along with some disorientation. The area that got hit bruised up. Well, the bruise went away after several days, but I am still getting intermittent headaches, sometimes on the left, and sometimes on the right side of my head. I've also noticed I've been slightly forgetful, and this morning at school while walking down the hallway, I got a sensation as if the floor was tipping to one side slightly, and I felt dizzy and off balance for about a minute. This cleared up and did not bother me for the rest of the day. What can this be? I'm not sure if I am being overly sensitive and "feeling things" or what. Should I bring this to my doctor immediately, or is it okay to wait for my annual physical, which is coming up next week.

Thank you

Vince

Old 10-13-2004, 06:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Headache 2 weeks after head injury

You should see your doc as soon as you can to get yourself evaluated.It sounds like you experienced more than just a little concussion.He may want to also do an MRI just as a procaution to check for any old bleeds that may have occured at the time of the incident.the fact that you are experiencing a sort of vertigo,and intermittant headaches this long after the actual incident would make me kind of think that you may have experienced a rather severe concussion.Feeling nauseas right after the impact is a pretty sure sign of concussion as well.Did you start feeling disoriented right after as well?Were you,are you feeling more irritable than normal?I really think at the very least here that you need to have a good neuro work up.you could just be going through the healing stages of a head injury, or there could be some lingering problems,but you wont know anything for sure until you see your doc.good luck and keep me posted,K? Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
(male)

vs1988 HB User
Re: Headache 2 weeks after head injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad
You should see your doc as soon as you can to get yourself evaluated.It sounds like you experienced more than just a little concussion.He may want to also do an MRI just as a procaution to check for any old bleeds that may have occured at the time of the incident.the fact that you are experiencing a sort of vertigo,and intermittant headaches this long after the actual incident would make me kind of think that you may have experienced a rather severe concussion.Feeling nauseas right after the impact is a pretty sure sign of concussion as well.Did you start feeling disoriented right after as well?Were you,are you feeling more irritable than normal?I really think at the very least here that you need to have a good neuro work up.you could just be going through the healing stages of a head injury, or there could be some lingering problems,but you wont know anything for sure until you see your doc.good luck and keep me posted,K? Marcia
Hey,

Thank you for responding. Yeah, I did feel disoriented immediately after I slammed my head, but it went away after several minutes. As for irritability, I noticed I am more easily distracted and confused, though this is also intermittent.

Vince

Closed Thread