It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 04:17 AM   #1

mummyinfeb01 HB User
Unhappy 2 y/o possible head injury..?

Hello to everyone, my first time posting here.

My son who's 2 and half took a fall from my bed this morning, about 3 feet. He seemed alright, so I didn't worry about it...but later on in the day he took a nap and when he woke up he was very out of it. Confused, tired, just not himself. Then he started vomiting. He vomitted 4 times before I took him to the emergency room. Anyhow, the DR says he seemed ok, he wasn't lethargic anymore or vomiting by the time we got there. He just told me to watch him closely. He's still a little out of it though. He's usually a ball of energy, and he's just been lying in his bed watching movies since we got home. He wants to cuddle a lot too..which really isn't like him.

Anyway...I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through something similar? And what the results were?

I'm very anxious and worried. It's not his first injury, fall, trip to the ER etc., and usually I don't worry half as much as I am now. Something just doesn't seem right...I don't want to go back to the ER on a hunch though so I'll wait it out I guess.

The DR said the worst thing it could be is bruising of the brain, ok..doesn't sound too bad, until I looked it up on *****. I'm not sure how tramautic such a thing can be, but it doesn't look so great.

Sorry to go on and on, I'm just nervous and need some reasuring. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Falon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 07:13 AM   #2

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Exclamation

First and Foremost........the ER shouldve done some sort of exray, catscan, mri, to his head. That is too make sure their is no bruising or swelling. This is very dangerous. Never allow your child to go to sleep immediately after such a fall. You should always keep your child awake and alert as long as possible. When a child goes directly to sleep, then accompanied by vomitting and confusion, I cannot believe your medical professional personnel did not take appropriate steps to make sure you child is ok. Did you call your pediatrician? Did you advice the ER, and or your ped of the confusion, tiredness, vomitting, did you tell them how far or hard he fell? This child doesnt know how it feels to have a head injury, he just knows he doesnt feel well. this is very dangerous, seek your doctors advice immediately, or go back to the Er an demand further tests, to rest your mind and save your childs life.
Keep us posted.
Im a mommy of two boys, my pride and joy. Nothing is more important in life than protecting them.

Old 09-11-2003, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

For any type of injury that involves trauma of any kind, whether this be mental or physical that involves bruising then you should give him some ARNICA and this should help a lot. It is especially good for falls of this nature and is good for head injuries too.

Good luck

Old 09-11-2003, 11:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Kimianne HB User
Hi:

How's your little guy now? I hope he is doing well.

I would call his doctor's office and explain to them what happened. Do not leave any of the details out.

My guess, is that they will want to see him.

Good luck and keep us posted.

God bless you both.

------------------
Kimi
Life is a gift. Your loved ones are the benefits.
Respect them both and you will reap the rewards.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:24 AM   #5

mummyinfeb01 HB User
Smile

Just posting to update. I let him go through the night without taking him back to the ER. I woke him up a few times, and he woke up on his own a few times...so I was less worried. The next day *yesterday* he was back to normal. I think he must have had a mild concussion.

In regards to the mri, etc...the DR mentioned doing one but said there are risks and that he'd have to be put on one of those pupose (sp) boards. The last time we went to the ER he had to be put on one of those things and it was sheer hell. I've never seen him so upset. The DR didn't think it was worth the risk anyhow (whatever risk that may be), so we decided not to do one unless he got worse.

One thing is for sure, he hasn't been back in my since lol.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Closed Thread