It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
(male)

garrybert HB User
Unhappy involuntary reflex after brain injury

i have another question which i forgot to to add in previous thread. since my injury i have involuntary relex issues. when i was in the hospital my hand ,foot. shoulder leg , even my stomach will reflex would jump involuntarily. sometimes my arm and hand would jump 5 to 6 inches from where it would be laying. i had no way to control this. my accident happened in 2001 and i am still having these episodes. i tell my doctors about his but they show no interest or concern(i'm on workers comp thats probably the reason). it seems to happen when i lay down most of the time. i know you muscles will do this when you are asleep, but i am wide awake. i don't exactly how to explain the way my head feels but it seems like i blackout , just for a fraction of a second. as i stated in my other thread i have had mris, emg, ct scans. in my accident i had many more injuries beside head. can onyone give me advice what to do or have had the same problem. drs. make you feel like you a idiot or crazy. starting to worry me now

thanks for any info

garry

Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
(female)

sadsally HB User
Re: involuntary reflex after brain injury

Hi,

You know I kind of understand what your are saying. I had laser gallbladder surgery in 1990. The surgery was on Tuesday afternoon. By Saturday I began to have these strange reflexes. First my head then gradually over weeks my whole body has been involved (stomach too) Over the years it has continued to evlove. To this day I still come up with something new. Had nero test galore, meds galore, mri's cat scans the works repeatedly. Then in 1993 I began to make involuntry noises and it has progressively gotten worse. I was diagnosed with tourette syndrome then. I continued to work as long as I could but in 1998 I was sent home because of the screaming. Now I am disabled. There is no family history of tourette's nor have I had any symptoms until that Saturday after the surgey. I'm wondering if I suffered some kind of brain damage during surgery. I'll never know for sure. But hey that's what happened to me maybe yours will go away with time. I just wrote so that you would at least know some one understands what your are going thru. Hang in there. I hope you get better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread