It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
(male)

sombodyelse HB User
Arrow Head Injury/Impact

Hi, I have researched in the net as much as I can, but one site tends to be the same info as another, if you know what I mean, none answer the more specific questions I have, does anybody happen to know what I should do, if anything, in my current situation.

I smacked my head on the concrete the other day while I was drunk, I wont go into details about what I was doing or how I managed this! but the point is, I smacked it, HARD, I mean HARD! it was on the pavement, and I hit the top/front of my head, so, above my forehead, and back a bit, grazed my head, bled only a small amount, not enough for the blood to run, (was probably soaked up by my hair!) when I got back up, I seemed fine, apart from the blood on my head, carried on partying all evening, slight headache the next day, slight! but the thing is, it ha sbeen 5 days, I have not shown any problems really, I can catch, think OK, go about my normal daily business, I don't feel unwell, I can talk, walk, balance, hear, see etc, all OK (apart from the fact that some mornings I wake up with unequal pupils, that's a different matter and was happening weeks BEFORE I hit my head the other day, and have asked about that here [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1914144#post1914144[/url]) nothing seems really different since I hit my head, apart from a very mild headache/pressure, mostly unnoticeable but sometimes I do get enough of it to notice, but its very mild, what should I do? I only really notice it when I am worrying about it, if it has gotten worse over the last 5 days I have not noticed, or it has gotten worse so slowely its unoticeable, everything else seems fine, apart from the fact I slept more than normal last evening, well not longer, just deeper, somebody was up and about in the same room (not loud) and I slept right through it, even them going out the front door, and locking up, then I finally woke up at 8:00AM which is about normal for me, just normally I wake up quite easily, this has got me worried allot as well, in fact I have slep tbetter in the last week generally, I am not feeling particularly tired during the day, but then I have had 2 cups of coffee today, I went to the gym and trained weights yesterday, and I seemed OK, I am worried there is something wrong that I have not noticed, I keep panicking if I have a moment where I cant think straight, or am slower than normal in thinking about something, or notice a grammatical error/typing error when reading things I have typed, every time I walk into a room and think, **** what was I gonna do!?! or forget what I was typing, I am worrying my *** off.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

should I goto my doctor and tell him what I did?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WhiteLight HB User
Re: Head Injury/Impact

Hiya somebodyelse.

From personal experience, if you had done any serious injury to your head you would be showing symptoms within a matter of hours if not straight away. Your blood pressure would also be very high. I think its 200 if there is a cerebal bleed.I'm not 100% sure though.

Because you are worried and because you had a pretty bad fall, I would phone your doctor and ask for his advice.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

At the very least, a trip to your doc for a nneuro eval and discussion of possible symptoms would be your best bet at this point.You may have suffered a concussion but there really is not any actual 'treatment" for it but if you did indeed have one, you do need it checked out and noted in your medical records by your doc.just incase something pops up at a later time that could possibly have happened from this incident.my main concern though is the reason for the unequal pupils?what actually caused this to occur?An injury or illness?I have unequal pupils from horners syndrome that came from spinal cord damage caused by surgery done on the inside of the actual cord.The neurosurgeon accidently hit and damaged my sympathetic nervous system.i developed the unequal pupils about two weeks post op while in the rehab hospital.Scared the livin crap outta me as i thought i was having a stroke or spinal fluid leaking out of the surgical area in the cord.There really isn't anything that can be done for me.I am just curious as to how your pupils became unequal?FB

Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
(male)

sombodyelse HB User

No Idea.

and they are generally fine, just seems to be when I have been asleep, or lying down, not always but sometimes, they always react to light, I noticed this a few weeks back, no idea if it has always been like it or not, I honestly dont know, I am sure I would have noticed, but I am not 100%

Old 09-03-2005, 05:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

You really really DO NEED to have a full neuro work up to try and determine just how and why your unequal pupils really came to be.this is nothing to mess with ,trust me.Your pupils just don't normally get unequal without a very good reason.this is NOT normal and should be looked at as soon as possible.There could be like hundreds of reasond for this to have occured,some not too serious but others could be very serious.I cannot stress enough the importance of having a full eval.the sooner the better.plus the effects of slammin your head onto the concrete could have made whatever is causing this to become worse.you really need top see a doc to determine the cause.A CT or MRI needs to be done.please get thee to a doc,today if possible.let me know what you find out,K?FB

Old 09-03-2005, 06:24 AM   #6
(male)

sombodyelse HB User

Ye I told my doctor about the unequal pupils a few weeks back, and my optician said my pupils were fine and my eyes were healthy, my doctor reffered me to the neurologist a few weeks back, but he said, if it was anything serious why only in the morning? why not all the time? (because he checked my eyes and AGAIN everything was fine, he was the second doctor to look at my eyes and said everything was fine) but I pushed and he reffered me, and my neurologist appointment is a week monday. all my blood tests came back fine.

My mom is a nurse and she thinks as well as the doctor I am not showing any signs of neurological trauma :/ she said if she thought there was a problem she would take me to the Emergancy Room. She says she is keeping an eye on me, as it is everybody seems to think I should wait for my appointment with the neurologist.

The optician just said "NO your pupils are fine, lots of people have unequal pupils"

:/

Closed Thread