It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
(male)

labyrinth HB User
Old Head Injury That Wont Go Away

In September 2003 i go attacked for no reason that i know of

But anyway i took some force to the head had a broken nose

I had a CT scan in 2003 which is clear as i suffered headaches, memory problems (more short term than long term) bit of speech problems

So ive been off work since 2003 and quit college at the end of 2003 ive in general tried to take it easy as my GP said i had PCS Post Concussive Syndrome

Because in 2004 i seen a neurologist who said it was all down to stress so i went back to my GP and said i disagreed totally so i was given another appointment with a different neurologist for my second opinion

He said i have brain brusing and a MRI scan will be done which came back clear

Im also now seeing a neuropsychologist for memory testing etc

so i just really want to find out why im always tired and why wont this go away since two scans show up as normal

Anyone have any ideas please

Lee

Old 11-26-2005, 12:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

SomePerson12 HB User
Re: Old Head Injury That Wont Go Away

I had a head injury too. Did you by any chance press charges?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
(male)

labyrinth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson12
I had a head injury too. Did you by any chance press charges?
Well i tried and even though there was 4 witnesses and hosptial photos and records etc and the attack was unprovoked they said they had not enough evidense

Sucks or what

Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

Sounds like you could have a frontal lobe injury and I'm not sure whether or not those show up on MRI.

My girlfriend suffers from one after a car accident. I mean one day she was absolutely fine, a CEO for a major banking chain, incredibly successful...that afternoon she was in a wreck and she literally became a different person. Although her injuries were non life threatening she did sustain a blow to the front of her head and eventually they were able to determine that she had a permanent frontal lobe injury due to the accident.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
(male)

labyrinth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant
Sounds like you could have a frontal lobe injury and I'm not sure whether or not those show up on MRI.

My girlfriend suffers from one after a car accident. I mean one day she was absolutely fine, a CEO for a major banking chain, incredibly successful...that afternoon she was in a wreck and she literally became a different person. Although her injuries were non life threatening she did sustain a blow to the front of her head and eventually they were able to determine that she had a permanent frontal lobe injury due to the accident.
Im sorry to hear that

It just gets on my nerves that im not what i used to be like memory i know the memory is there but it just wont come to me

So do these every heal up or not ?

Old 11-26-2005, 05:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

I really don't know whether or not these injuries eventually heal. It has been, gosh, around eight years now and my friend has a rough go of it. Memory problems, manic like episodes, OCD. I'm telling you, it is as if she just turned into a completely different person.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

SomePerson12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth
Well i tried and even though there was 4 witnesses and hosptial photos and records etc and the attack was unprovoked they said they had not enough evidense

Sucks or what
They got away with it huh? I can relate.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
(male)

labyrinth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson12
They got away with it huh? I can relate.
Yep Gotta love the english law system

But any i may get an appointment with a person that deals with memory problems

Old 11-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

Once a person sustains a head injury there is no guarantee they will get all back that was lost. It depends on what part of the brain was injured and how severely. You may have these problems for the rest of your life and it seems to me maybe you should look into a physical medicine and rehab physician to take over your care. A person who specializes in head trauma. A neuro may not fully understand what it is you are going through. Talking to a social worker who also is educated in TBI is a smart move too. Since your injury is not new I assume you have done some research on TBI, am I right? If not, try the brain injury association of america website. I just did a paper on behavioral problems associated with TBI and the site is very good. I don't get my info from that based on what I typed above, but I cannot due to the rules disclose my occupation or where I work. I sincerely wish you the best with your recovery. Sometimes finding a support group can be a good move too. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread