It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

tanabear6 HB User
head pain after head injury?

I was attacked two weeks ago by my exboyfriend. He hit the side of my head off of a dryer, my temple to be exact. It cut my temple open, I bled quite a bit, it was swollen and bruised for about a week after. I didn't have a concussion, didnt' require stitches...but its still been tender since then to touch, and the last two days I've been getting head pain on that side of my head. Right where my temple is, mostly when i get up out of bed, or sit up. Its like a sharp pain, not like a headache, just a sharp pain. Should I go see a doctor about this or is it just normal? I don't know what to do. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User
Re: head pain after head injury?

You should definately go see a doctor. You could also go see a chiropractor. When you get hit in the head it is like a whip lash. He may have thrown your neck out. Your head is probably bruised up pretty good still.

Go see a doctor and avoid you exboyfriend!
Goodluck and let us know what the doc says!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Yes you should see your doctor AND REPORT THE ATTACK TO THE POLICE!!!!! Domestic abuse is a crime.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
(female)

tanabear6 HB User

this was reported to the pollice. he has been charged with assault, and his first court date is on wednesday. he also has a restraining order against him so i won't be seein him. thanks for the replies, i'll head to the clinic tonite.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:25 AM   #5
(female)

EffieA HB User

I'm sorry about your attack, I hope everything goes ok at the clinic.

I got pushed over by someone 3 days ago, and hit the back of my head hard on a concrete slab. I was only knocked out very briefly and don't have too much bruising, but at the time I was dazed and my head is still hurting now and I keep having phases of being dizzy and nauseous. I'm not sure whether this is linked with my head injury, a few of my friends have the 'flu so I could just be ill.

Does anyone know how long headaches and feelings of dizziness usually last after being hit on the head? Any info I've read is pretty vague and says you should only consult a doctor if you lose conciousness a second time, or were knocked out for a substantial amount of time in the first place.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Red face Re: head pain after head injury?

Since falling last fall I have had headaches daily. Sometimes they will go away after taking my pain meds and muscle relaxer, and sometimes they last for days. Fortunately the ones that last for days are achy and not sharp pain or I would lose my mind! I am still in PT after 6 months for severe cervical strain and a shoulder that will not allow me to raise my arm above my head. (We will probably finally get an MRI on it in May). My question is, do the headaches ever get better after a head injury? I have never had headaches that would last so long or hurt so much continuously. It does not help having anxiety and depression over fighting workmans comp for pay and benefits all this time even though they did treat me the first day and then denied me all the medical and hospitalization I have had since that day. Their own lawyer was confused over this when I had my deposition last week. SIGH.......I was in bed basically all week except for taking care of my preteen with a virus. I finally broke down today and asked what I could take to help with the pain in my jaw, neck, shoulder and head along with the Lortab and Flexeril. Five hours later the doctor's office called back and said the oncall doc (not my regular one) said to take Ibuprofen. They must be kidding me! I take meds ONLY when necessary, and what I have is not helping!!!! I guess it will be yet another weekend under the covers praying for relief. Any suggestions?????????????? Oh, I was recently evaluated by a neuropsychologist and one of main suggestions was to reevaluate my pain meds because my being in constant pain was making my depression and anxiety and sleep problems worse! Don't these docs ever read the reports they request???????
~Mim

Closed Thread