It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
(male)

bgsha HB User
Head injury, Concussion, head/neck pain and help with MRI

Nearly 3 months ago while flying AA, the plane dropped several thousand feet and my head hit the ceilings resulting in head injury, concussion and other related issues. The paramedics let me go home. My head started buzzing next day and I developed severe headache. I felt like half drunk. I was admitted to ER after critical dizziness. The head CT was normal after few days. The neurologist mentioned that I should get better within a month. I had persistant headache for nearly a month. The head started gettting better but the neck started worsening.

After nearly 3 months I had MRI of head and neck as I continue to have headaches, neck stiffness and pressure/heaviness in neck, and upper back pain. The brain MRI was normal, However the following was the result of neck MRI;

Impression:
1. Mild disc desiccation and broad disc bulges betweeen C3 and C6 without resulting in spinal canal stenosis
2. Mild straightening of the usual cervical lordosis. This can be positional or reflect muscle spasm.

Mild straigtening of Usual Cervicla lordosis is present between C2 TO C6.
The cervical spinal canal is widely patent despite mild broad disc bulges at C3-4 and C4-5 and minimally at C5-6. These result in partial effacement of CSF ventral to a normal appearing Cervical cord. There does remain much CSF dorsal to cord and AP caliber of thecal sac exceeds 10 mm at each level. Each disc between C3 and C6 shows mild partial disc deiccation and mild broad disc bulges. The cervical neural Foramina are widely patent without evidence for nerve root compression or neural foraminal narrowing. Anterior veretebral end plate osteophytes are mild between C3 and C6.

I was wondering if someone can provide a simple translation and what does the above mean? How serious is above? I have started Physical Therapy and am on Flexeril, Lodine, Iboprufen 800 mg and several other medications. I have visited several neurologist and physiatrist but continue to have severe neck pain. There is heavy pressure/heaviness on my necK. The pain worsens when I move neck and makes cracking sound. I feel better when I am lying down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to bgsha:
babswear (06-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
(male)

bgsha HB User
Re: Head injury, Concussion, head/neck pain and help with MRI

Curious if someone had lots of neck and head issues after head injury? Any help on MRI and/or head/neck issues after the injury would be appreciated. Thanks.

Closed Thread