It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Anyone out there have adult ADD due to a brain injury?

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with adult ADD after a lack of attention and lossof cognitive abilities developed after a head injury. I am just now starting out with only 10 mg of Adderall a day b/c I have problems sleeping for a while then will go trhough phases of sleeping too much. I imagine they will up it in the next 2 weeks. I am just curious how many people are dealing this as adults and how they cope with the sudden onset and loss of abilities. (My injury shaved of 30 IQ points, ouch!).
Mim

Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 AM   #2

Suecat3 HB User
Re: Anyone out there have adult ADD due to a brain injury?

I have ADHD and a couple other things I can't remember due to brain injury caused by lupus. I've been on 40mgs. of Dexedrine for a while now, and it's been a godsend. Other than the meds, the thing that helps me the most is to stay super-organized-write down everything, make lists, etc. As far as grief-related things, you might check around your area to see if there are any brain injury-related support groups. Good luck! Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
(female)

Willstrideryder HB User

My husband has had 5 concussions in 3 years and his ADD has become worse in my opioion.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

The most recent injury occurred in 10/05, and was my 5th major concussion, and had had a serious one earlier in July of the same year. It is unbelievable the amount of problems I am facing now. In reference to organization, I too write lists, I have a super teen age son, and a great roommate that help or try to help...lol, keep me straight. My biggest problem is that I lose my lists almost daily......arrrgggghh.....oh well i just have to laugh or lose the mind I have left. Thanks for ya'lls replies. It helps to hear from others!
Mim Gregg

Closed Thread