It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

anitalopi HB User
head injury with dry heaves

I was in a motorcycle accident with my husband last sept. and I fell off the back of the bike doing about 65 mph I was wearing a helment I broke my arm and had to have sugurgy and when I woke up in the hospital I was dry heaving, I have never thrown up but I still after a year have severe dry heaves whenever I move my head, noises lights, movement of any kind than I go into a crying spell where I cry and shake all over and my face tiches and i cann't talk or see I have been to many DR's and they have no answers I am really getting fed up with all of it I cann't work or travel or drive because this is over taking my life has anyone had simalor attacks or has any info that can help me
thank you

Old 10-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: head injury with dry heaves

just what types of testing have you had done on your brain and the c spine area?any MRIs done with contrast?if not these really need to be done on you.these two areas would be the most likely to be casueing your symptoms,depending on just what could have been damaged.i know they will normally do only a CT scan when you are inthe ER for many reasons,its too risky to do an MRI so they stick with just CT til they no there is no actual risks in doing MRI.Have you seen a neuro doc at all?you could have some sort of cranial nerve damage,or something quite not right within the brain.it really does appear that "something' is triggering the vomiting center.if you could give a bit more info onany testing and anything they may have seen it would really help.getting copies of all testing reports and all records from that hosp stay and ER records wold really be a great idea just for your own personal use.these records would contain some really vital info on specific damage or what they felt was up at the time.i have used al of my records(i have many medical issues) at some point or another either for refference or to show new docs about my conditions so i don't have to sit there explaining things for like an hour.but you need to find out whats wrong so hopefully it can be fixed or trated.something is definitely not right.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread