It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

SomePerson12 HB User
my brain injury

When I suffered a concussion in high school I was too shy to tell anyone that someone beat my head in. So I went to the doctor a week later. He looked at my eyes and said I was fine. But this was a week later!!! How does he know that I didn't suffer brain damage???

Old 05-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: my brain injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson12 View Post
When I suffered a concussion in high school I was too shy to tell anyone that someone beat my head in. So I went to the doctor a week later. He looked at my eyes and said I was fine. But this was a week later!!! How does he know that I didn't suffer brain damage???
He watched you walk into his surgery, heard you talk and tell him about the injury, looked at your pupil reactions, probably observed your movements and lack of twitching, drooling, paralysis and staggering and made a medically-educated guess.

Last edited by Seraph; 05-12-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

SomePerson12 HB User

Do you think I could even have minor damage?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson12 View Post
Do you think I could even have minor damage?
Why do you think this may be the case? Have you had some worrying symptoms...dizziness, nausea, numbness, memory lapse, behavioural changes? If you are worried about anything like this, see the doc again, and describe it to him.

Closed Thread