It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

xmerkatx HB User
mild head injury

Earlier today I slammed my head into the corner of a metal locker. I was sitting on the floor and went to stand, and considering that I was angry about a situation I stood up a lot quicker than I normally would. The pain itself left me on the floor for a good 5 minutes rubbing the injured area, but I was otherwise fine at first, but a few hours after and up to right now I am nauseated, have a mild headache, and mild blurring in the eye opposite the side I hit, and fatigue. This is rather alarming, I've hit my head here and there, typical bumps everyone has, but never had the post-injury symptoms. Is this something to be really worried about?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: mild head injury

It's definitely something I would have checked out by your doctor. Any head injury can be serious, and it's just not worth fooling around with. Because of the secondary effects, I would go sooner rather than later. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

onemarinemom06 HB User

From my own experience with being a clutz and my children tripping over thier own two feet it sounds like you may have a mild concussion. You need to get to a Dr or ER very soon. I wouldn't put this off too long, especially since it is blurring your vision. Try to get a family member or friend to go with you, in case your right away given some medicine that might make it difficult for you to get back home.

Good Luck

Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I would strongly advise calling your doctors office right away, as soon as you read this. It is possible that you may have experienced a concussion but your health care provider would be the one to make that call....don't go to sleep until you have spoken to a health care provider and have gotten info as to where to go from here.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 03-07-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Closed Thread