It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
important information for anyone with potential head injury

just one HUGE thing i wanted to mention about the use of ibuprofen or any type of NSAID given post head injury? DON'T go there! any NSAID IS contraindicated with any level of head/brain injury, not only does it have the potential to actually raise intracranial pressure in certain situations, but it also will thin the blood as well making ANY level of potential bleed much much worse. espescially if the patient is already displaying a pronounced hematoma. the use of tylenol is usually recommended in this type of situation since it does not do what any level of NSAID would. just a FYI. it can just be a very potentially dangerous drug to give with any level of head/possible brain type of injury. always go with tylenol, and ice too over the affected area. but DO get any possible head injury evaluated at your local ER just to be on the safe side. just wanted to mention this. FB

Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

blessedw3 HB User
Re: important information for anyone with potential head injury

I was in a mva and I have a herniated c-6 and c-7 also. I have pressure behind my ears. I can't get anyone to listen to me! I get so nauseated when I am up on my feet more than five min at a time now. I know something is not right. Is there anyone on here or a place about a neuro surgeon or recommended sight to go to ask my question. I just registered and posted a new post. Thanks Look forward to any answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: important information for anyone with potential head injury

I ended up seeing a neurologist and eventually a neuro psychologist. They were able to help me make some great improvements in my quality of life!

Closed Thread