It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

tj707 HB User
Head injury

A few weeks ago, I fell and banged my head on a curb. I have never hit my head so hard in my life, and I can say that there is no feeling like that of your head banging on a curb. I thought I was going to die, or died for that matter. I was in a daze for two weeks. All I could do for one week was sleep. The doctor said it was a concussion. I still have mild headaches and sometimes when I read I have headaches. Since banging my head, I just don't feel the same. CAT scan negative. The doctor said, if it was a serious injury, I would have had a severe reaction by now, and she said, "Don't think about it." I don't know how I'm not supposed to think about such a trauma. Has anyone ever banged his/her head like I did? How long did it take for you to feel normal again?

Last edited by tj707; 07-20-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User
Re: Head injury

I did the same as you did years ago fell and hit my head on the curb. Had a concussion and was in hosptial for a couple of days. And I felt different for a year or more. Doctor told me when you jar your brain around like that inside the skull it causes alot of stress on your brain. It is like bruised and messes up your whole nervous system. I felt like I was losing my mind and had nervous, dizzy,panic, sessions that I could not explain. And that it takes a long time for some people to get back to normal again. Just because you can't see any injury doesn't mean that your brain isn't still trying to heal. Best of luck you will get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

tj707 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibro-worn View Post
I did the same as you did years ago fell and hit my head on the curb. Had a concussion and was in hosptial for a couple of days. And I felt different for a year or more. Doctor told me when you jar your brain around like that inside the skull it causes alot of stress on your brain. It is like bruised and messes up your whole nervous system. I felt like I was losing my mind and had nervous, dizzy,panic, sessions that I could not explain. And that it takes a long time for some people to get back to normal again. Just because you can't see any injury doesn't mean that your brain isn't still trying to heal. Best of luck you will get better.
Hi. Thanks for this note. I knew there was more to falling down and banging your head than "Don't think about it." I'm sure there are some good doctors out there who understand. Incidentally, I had acupuncture, because I remembered being told a long time ago, that anytime you have an accident or injury, your energy fields are going to be all out of balance. I think that's part of the problem I had. When the doctor put in one of the needles (in my foot), she said the purpose of this was to release any excess energy and balance the rest. I could actually feel the energy leaving my body. I do energy transference anyways, so maybe I was more sensitive to feeling it, but I could feel the energy being released.

Last edited by tj707; 08-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
(female)

mckena HB User

Yes, I have - was hit by a car while riding a bike (no helmet) and the first thing to hit the pavement after flipping in the air was my head. (face down, right side of my cheek broken in 3 places), had seizure, unconcious, couldn't hear for a while, couldn't talk for several minutes. Driver called 911, ambulance took me to hospital ER. I do not remember any of the ride, but remember the ER. My eyes were swollen shut and nose pushed to the left side of face (appeared broken, miraculously was not). CAT scan and MRI showed nothing "wrong" with brain or skull. I am not the same person at all. My personality is different, am plagued with headaches and sinus problems, have a documented cognitive delay - prior to accident did not. I could ramble on and on but you know your body better than anyone. If this Dr. gives you no satisfaction, ditch her and get another. Preferably, a neurologist. Let me know if I can help further! mckena

Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

My neuro psyche called it micro shearing in the brain. It does not show up on tests, but through neuro psyche testing it can indicate the area (s) of damage. When the brain is shaken around from hitting it, it is like an egg in jello. There will be tears in the membrane, but hard to see.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
(female)

tj707 HB User

Thanks for the info. I wish my doctors were this smart.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
(female)

tj707 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckena View Post
Yes, I have - was hit by a car while riding a bike (no helmet) and the first thing to hit the pavement after flipping in the air was my head. (face down, right side of my cheek broken in 3 places), had seizure, unconcious, couldn't hear for a while, couldn't talk for several minutes. Driver called 911, ambulance took me to hospital ER. I do not remember any of the ride, but remember the ER. My eyes were swollen shut and nose pushed to the left side of face (appeared broken, miraculously was not). CAT scan and MRI showed nothing "wrong" with brain or skull. I am not the same person at all. My personality is different, am plagued with headaches and sinus problems, have a documented cognitive delay - prior to accident did not. I could ramble on and on but you know your body better than anyone. If this Dr. gives you no satisfaction, ditch her and get another. Preferably, a neurologist. Let me know if I can help further! mckena
Thanks for the insight. Sounds like you had a very bad fall.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
(female)

tj707 HB User

Thanks for the insight. I wish my doctors were this smart.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-30-2013 at 04:47 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to tj707:
mim (03-19-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
(male)

j0b HB User

Its very sad all these cases where our lives have been un mitakeably effected by these things that the doctors give you stupid advice about, when very obviousley SOMETHING needs must be done to recover. Ive read that small amounts of alchohol can protect a brain injusry from deteriorating following the injury, and the hormone progesterone can help the brain repair itself. you can get high amounts progesterone from illegal steriods such as nandralone deconate, contravitialy, but form men this will cause gynocemastia (man boobs) and will have to suplement it with synthetic estrogen called clomid to prevent it and use something like novaldex afterwards to re-habilitate his endocrine system. Also Ive read a green tea extract can help hte brain repair itself, but youd most proabably have to find out and get the extraxt as I doubt its as easy as drinking buckets of green tea to help otherwise everybody would know about it. ALL OF THIS just costs more and more money, Doctors really aught to know better.

Closed Thread