It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

sandym1671 HB User
coma and signs of waking

my brother 60 year old went into a coma 5 days ago due to heart attack. I was told his brain went at least 20 min w/o enough blood or oyxgen to the brain. he is on machine breathing for him and the doc says it is bleak. he scored a three on that coma score they have. he has been now 24 hours w/o most meds and the mri looks great. no other problems there. All other vital organs are fuctioning good. he opens his eyes but not on command. his pubils seem to be rolled back some. he has starting yawning and today he stretched out and moved his feet. Do we have any hope here??

The following user gives a hug of support to sandym1671:
wwwgirl (11-28-2010)
Old 11-28-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Re: coma and signs of waking

I do believe that there is hope here. I know that the body has an amazing ability to heal itself. The fact that his vital organs are functioning well is definitely a good sign. It is also a good sign that the MRI results were good. In addition, it is probably a good sign that he is moving some. I believe that you will have your brother in a stable and conscious condition soon if you don't already.

I do know that he may need extensive rehabilitation after this but there is hope and rehabilitation does usually help.

I wish you a blessed day, week, and a blessed relationship with your brother. It might help if you talk to him. I think that even if he does not appear to listen, he may be listening anyway. This may be comforting to him.

I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread