It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
(female)

azoremom HB User
Subarachnoid hemorrhage

Hi,
My husband fell off a ladder 8 weeks ago and was also diagnosed with an SAH. It was a small bleed and he really is not terrible at all. He has a lot of times where he "zones out" and does not remember where he is or what is going on. He is just in a dazed and usually it involves an anxiety. He is always responsive and asks if I am okay, or the kids are safe and things like that. Sometimes he forgets several hours of his day after these times, but not always. He forgot seeing our first grandbaby and daughter and husband. Such an important event to forget. Anyway, the doctor was wondering if they were types of seizures and he is getting an EEG, They said though that usually seizures are not responsive to questions. He will ask questions or i can ask him and he usually says "I think so." I can tell he doesn't know, but he IS responding. We are stateside one week - we live on an island - and we want to know what to expect from the doctors here. So far, just back on steroids and an anti-depressant and the EEG is the first step. His concentration and memory lapses seem bigger that we should be doing something else. They are trying to not have to do tests all over the place since we do not have stateside insurance. What seems to be most important? An MRA was done, but not a MRI. Cat scans were done. Thank you for any input.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

Mande HB User
Re: Subarachnoid hemorrhage

My grandmother just suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage and her behavior is the same. She is very aware that her questions can be repetitive and she can't think of the word or she calls people on the phone and swears they're someone else. She's so aware of this that she makes fun of herself for it.

She had a pretty serious incident to find out about the hemmoraghing and they did surgery to save her life. I can't imagine that they wouldn't operate on your husband to stop the bleed but I'm not sure!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mande For This Useful Post:
azoremom (05-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread