It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
(male)

sameerb1 HB User
Signs of Waking and Coma

I saw a similar topic in the same page, but i did not wanted to jack someone else's thread with the same topic, so i started a new one.

My father born in 1957, had a myocardial infarction (MI - Heart Attack) on 10th May 2011. He did not have a history of any medical conditions. Sometimes his Blood Pressure would go high as 180/80 because of eating salty food, or blood suger level to 9.0 because of eating too much sweet. but he wasnt on any medication of any sort.

On the nite of 10th, my mother said your father isnt feeling well since yesterday, lets take him to the hospital, i did at nite, and the guys at hospital said this mite be time for him to be on hypertension medication so come back tomorow morning for proper assessment and medication. We reached home, dad changed and went to bathroom for getting ready to sleep and started to throw up and severe diaherea. mum called me and said he is very weak, when i saw him he couldnt help himself standing so i picked and took him to the same polyclinic where they said its a MI and needs transfer to hospital. We took him to A&E where he was given adernaline 2 times and put on ventilator when his foot started to turn blue.

he was sedated for 2 days and when they tried to wean him off ventilator and sedation the third day, he didnt wake up. he couldnt move or talk or open eyes or anything.

3 days after that, doctors did a MRI, and CT Scan to find multiple infarctions in both hemispheres of the brain. the same nite dad opened his eyes. no movements or anything but just eyes open, only on my mothers commands.

its been 3 weeks now since my dad is hospitalized. the EEG report shoes variable alpha/theta waves, which docs say is a good sign.

my father can now feel pain, open his eyes and eye balls can move left and right, up and down on difficulty. Sometimes he twitches his body, he can move his head left or right with pain. last night when my brother was forcing him, he could move his toes of right foot.

do things sound good progress in 3 weeks? are these good signs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
(male)

sameerb1 HB User
Re: Signs of Waking and Coma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerb1 View Post
I saw a similar topic in the same page, but i did not wanted to jack someone else's thread with the same topic, so i started a new one.

My father born in 1957, had a myocardial infarction (MI - Heart Attack) on 10th May 2011. He did not have a history of any medical conditions. Sometimes his Blood Pressure would go high as 180/80 because of eating salty food, or blood suger level to 9.0 because of eating too much sweet. but he wasnt on any medication of any sort.

On the nite of 10th, my mother said your father isnt feeling well since yesterday, lets take him to the hospital, i did at nite, and the guys at hospital said this mite be time for him to be on hypertension medication so come back tomorow morning for proper assessment and medication. We reached home, dad changed and went to bathroom for getting ready to sleep and started to throw up and severe diaherea. mum called me and said he is very weak, when i saw him he couldnt help himself standing so i picked and took him to the same polyclinic where they said its a MI and needs transfer to hospital. We took him to A&E where he was given adernaline 2 times and put on ventilator when his foot started to turn blue.

he was sedated for 2 days and when they tried to wean him off ventilator and sedation the third day, he didnt wake up. he couldnt move or talk or open eyes or anything.

3 days after that, doctors did a MRI, and CT Scan to find multiple infarctions in both hemispheres of the brain. the same nite dad opened his eyes. no movements or anything but just eyes open, only on my mothers commands.

its been 3 weeks now since my dad is hospitalized. the EEG report shoes variable alpha/theta waves, which docs say is a good sign.

my father can now feel pain, open his eyes and eye balls can move left and right, up and down on difficulty. Sometimes he twitches his body, he can move his head left or right with pain. last night when my brother was forcing him, he could move his toes of right foot.

do things sound good progress in 3 weeks? are these good signs?
no replies for me???

Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

Emly HB User
Re: Signs of Waking and Coma

Sorry Dear.. But I have No Idea about it!

Reply Reply