It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

dizy HB User
MINOR head injury - PCS?

3 weeks ago I hit my head. I wasn't knocked out, it wasn't that bad. Ever since I have dizzy spells, nausea, headaches, and occasional ringing in my ears. If I limit activity and avoid leaning over, I start feeling better after a few days. When I try to be highly active, especially if i am leaning or stretching a lot I only make it 2 or 3 hours and start getting sick, then it takes me a couple of days to recover. Could it be PCS?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
(male)

Pingree70 HB User
Re: MINOR head injury - PCS?

Sure it could be PCS, but then again I am not a doctor. Go and get your self checked out by your doctor to start with. Get an MRI or CT scan, and have a neurologist look at them.
Remember it is your body, and you know something isn't right so don't quit until you have answers to your problems. Please let us know how you a doing.

Mark
The TBI Guy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
(female)

AuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB User

I agree with Pingree70. Your injury is recent and you may just need a little more time to heal. But you still need to have scans and be checked out by a neurologist. I will caution you, though, that not all neurologists recognize PCS, especially if your scans come back clear. I suffered a concussion last fall in a car accident. All my scans came back clear. I knew nothing about PCS at the time and my neurologist never mentioned it. He tried blaming my symptoms on everything under the sun, except my head injury. After nine months of being given the runaround, I finally requested therapy to help me deal with my memory issues. My therapist told me about PCS and referred me to a neuro-psychologist who evaluated and made the diagnosis. So, if your tests come back normal and a little time doesn't take away your symptoms, push for that diagnosis. The earlier you're diagnosed and begin addressing the symptoms, the better your chances of full recovery.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

I agree. Definitely get checked out. I do have PCS. Mine was diagnosed by my family doc and Neurologist after a PET Scan was done. I have many medical issues and asked my family doc if my past head injuries ( many concussions with 2 major) in the past. He said it is possible. Especially since I did notice some of my symptom were very noticable after my first major concussion. It is definitely worth checking into. I have permanent brain damage in both sides of my cerebelum and my left temporal lobe. Good luck.

Closed Thread