It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

BubbaGanoush HB User
TBI Diffuse Anoxal Injury - Seizure Activity

I was involved in a serious motor vehicle accident back in November 2009. I was diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Injury, more specifically diffuse anoxal injury.

I am very lucky to have survived as the other driver failed to stop at a two way intersection and struck the passenger side head on where I was sitting, another split second and I would have been toast. I was transported to the hospital and went through various floors: critical care, intensive care and finally found myself on a rehabilitation floor. The total duration at the hospital lasted about 6 weeks, reason why I got to rehab in such a short time is that I had luck on my side and knew people from that floor as otherwise the hospital duration would have been longer. For the first 5 days I was in an induced coma as my heart was not working on it's own, my brain was not telling it to work.

Typical with this type of injury I got many of the symptoms afterwards many related to concentration and memory. However I have found many ways around these issues and have them under control, I have come along way in terms of progress.

Other major issues include headaches, balance issues and seizure activity. I was told that seizure activity was very odd to appear but of course I got it. My seems to follow a cycle of every 10 - 12 weeks and for this reason I still cannot drive. They are deemed partial complex seizures and usually occurred at night which I am unaware of but my girlfriend notices the twitching and jerking movements.

My past couple of experiences have been different and seem to happen during the day. I guess my question would be to anybody who has seizures and if they know they are coming on? For myself I seem to get very disoriented and lately I get a weird sensation beforehand. My brain gets a sudden jolt similar to brain freeze or a hit on the head and all I can think about is the pain and cannot focus on anything else. At times I've been alone and not sure if I have lost track of time, I do not think so but I do not know for sure. The trembling for the day time seizures last for about 15 minutes and I often have to lay down with times that I need assistance with this as my body simply does not react normally. It thought at first I could stop the seizures if I focused on them, but in reality I think this is not the case and perhaps I'm having multiple small ones. My neurologist believes that if I was not on my anti-seizure medication (leviteractem and chlonazepam) that I would be having grand mal seizures. Can anyone share any similar experiences as in reality I'm not sure what is going on. I do get a weird sense of feeling around me and often have a really bad brain pain and then I recall my arm twitching or trembling.

Thanks as I am new to this and looking for answers.

Last edited by BubbaGanoush; 09-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread