It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

jjj943 HB User
VERY mild concussion? Double vision days later?

Last Thursday night I drank too much and had a very minor fall. I was sitting down and I fell backwards thinking the bed was behind me (a mattress on the floor) but a tv table was instead. I hit my cheek/mouth on the table and then my head on the ground. I don't remember anything, but I think it was because of the drinking. It did seem dramatic that I don't remember a single thing from the night though. The next day I had one of the worst hangovers I've ever had (which is strange because it wasn't a crazy party night, all I did was hangout in my friend's room and I drank a lot of water). I was disoriented and couldn't get anything done, and had the WORST headache. Midday the next day I had a sudden onset of double vision. I napped, hoping it would go away, but it got worse. I could barely see to walk, but it went almost completely away when I covered one of my eyes. I went to an urgent care center and they told me to go to the ER in the morning if it wasn't better. In the morning (Saturday morning) it was significantly better and I only noticed it if I covered one of my eyes, either of them, which is strange because it was the opposite the night before. I went to an opthamologist and they said they didn't find anything wrong. It is now Tuesday and I still have the slight double vision in my peripherals in both eyes, and it gets better when I am using both my eyes. I have been extremely tired, had a little bit of eye pain, and my appetite has changed. It seems hard to look at things also, like I'm straining my eyes. Do these sound like symptoms that would last a few days after a concussion? I also have a cold, so maybe that's why my symptoms are taking a while to go away. I'm going to the ER this afternoon, but would like some feedback about other people's experiences. Please let me know if you have any feedback!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread