It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

Rechellef HB User
Question Headaches even 7 years post injury

Back in 2004, I was a horse trainer. One of the friendliest (and youngest) horses spooked and tried to jump over my head. In the process, he crushed my skull on the left side resulting in a TBI which included extensive reconstructive surgery and cognitive therapy and left me blind in my left eye. I have made a remarkable recovery all things considered. However, I still seem to have fairly consistent headaches. They aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, but they are often enough to make life a challenge at times. During the surgery, they used minuscule screws, brass links, wires and mesh to graft and fix the crushed bone. Would the hardware fused with new bone be causing my headaches or is it just something I will have to learn to live with? Unless they are unbearable, I tend to avoid pain killers so that I don't get "rebound" headaches from stuff like Tylenol or Excederine. Are there any other ways to deal with post head injury headaches? Is there any hope that they will eventually go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply