It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
(male)

runnman HB User
Concussion 3 1/2 months ago. Advice?

I hit my head pretty hard around 3 and a half months ago. I didn't pass out, but felt really dizzy and drunk for about a week after. I'd say after around 2 weeks I could function fairly normally again. For about a month and a half after that I experienced these weird, pressure headaches on the top and sides on my head, but they are pretty much gone now (I get them occasionally). I feel okay at the moment, but still get a bit dizzy when bending down or getting up quickly. After I hit my head (maybe a day after), I went to my GP and he did all the sensory tests (checked my eyes, banged my knee with a hammer and all that) and felt my skull and he said I was fine. Now I'm worried I should have had a scan and there's some undiscovered problem. I didn't go to ER as I had been to ER before for other reasons and didn't want to stress my parents out even more. I suffer from no severe symptoms, only headaches (but I suffer from migraines anyway) and dizziness (and this odd urge to lie down and sleep randomly). How serious do you think it was?, should I get a scan?.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

Aaw HB User
Re: Concussion 3 1/2 months ago. Advice?

You should get your brain scanned. Especially if you had head damage of some sort and you get constant headaches after that fall. It is very important to be informed of your health in general. Even if there are no side effects.
Make sure you ask others about it too; they can help as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply