HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain & Head Injury (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-head-injury/)
-   -   Severe head pain (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-head-injury/896532-severe-head-pain.html)

Taylojos 04-10-2012 07:34 PM

Severe head pain

Hi everyone I think this is the correct board. I 21 years old and been dealing with some heath issuess other then this. I have been having a severe headache/migraine the past 3 days now. I went to the ER Saturday night and they did a head ct and a spinal tap. Both came back just fine which I'm happy about. However this headache is so severe now when I get up I'm having non stop pain and throwing up. I only feel better when I lay down flat on my back. I went to my Doctor and she gave me an Ivy and some migraine medicine but it has not done anything. My symptoms are severe pain in my temple and behind my eyes, vomiting, stiff neck, light headed/off balance, sinsitivity to light, and weak legs. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm starting to get really worried about it and don't want anything bad happening:)! Thanks

jverive 04-11-2012 06:43 PM

Re: Severe head pain

Did you experience head or neck trauma prior to this headache? Head pain can be due to many different mechanisms, and the symptoms you describe don't seem specific to any particular medical problem. If you continue to have pain that doesn't respond to treatment, consider seeing a pain management physician in a pain clinic setting, especially if you can find a pain clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital.

Best of luck!

[QUOTE=Taylojos;4959407]Hi everyone I think this is the correct board. I 21 years old and been dealing with some heath issuess other then this. I have been having a severe headache/migraine the past 3 days now. I went to the ER Saturday night and they did a head ct and a spinal tap. Both came back just fine which I'm happy about. However this headache is so severe now when I get up I'm having non stop pain and throwing up. I only feel better when I lay down flat on my back. I went to my Doctor and she gave me an Ivy and some migraine medicine but it has not done anything. My symptoms are severe pain in my temple and behind my eyes, vomiting, stiff neck, light headed/off balance, sinsitivity to light, and weak legs. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm starting to get really worried about it and don't want anything bad happening:)! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Taylojos 05-07-2012 08:01 PM

Hey sorry for the late reply but i played football and had to stop because of these head aches i was getting from contact. Lately i been having to deal with memory issues, and weird sentation and pains in my head. Any idea? I been real worried

Justleaky 05-13-2012 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=Taylojos;4959407]Hi everyone I think this is the correct board. I 21 years old and been dealing with some heath issuess other then this. I have been having a severe headache/migraine the past 3 days now. I went to the ER Saturday night and they did a head ct and a spinal tap. Both came back just fine which I'm happy about. However this headache is so severe now when I get up I'm having non stop pain and throwing up. I only feel better when I lay down flat on my back. I went to my Doctor and she gave me an Ivy and some migraine medicine but it has not done anything. My symptoms are severe pain in my temple and behind my eyes, vomiting, stiff neck, light headed/off balance, sinsitivity to light, and weak legs. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm starting to get really worried about it and don't want anything bad happening:)! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. CSF leaks are hard to Dx if it is not black and white trauma. Spinal taps can cause these leaks as well as spontaneous leaks. The key that made me post is it helps the headache when you lay flat!

Hope you find relief