It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
(male)

Taylojos HB User
Smile Severe head pain

Hi everyone I think this is the correct board. I 21 years old and been dealing with some heath issuess other then this. I have been having a severe headache/migraine the past 3 days now. I went to the ER Saturday night and they did a head ct and a spinal tap. Both came back just fine which I'm happy about. However this headache is so severe now when I get up I'm having non stop pain and throwing up. I only feel better when I lay down flat on my back. I went to my Doctor and she gave me an Ivy and some migraine medicine but it has not done anything. My symptoms are severe pain in my temple and behind my eyes, vomiting, stiff neck, light headed/off balance, sinsitivity to light, and weak legs. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm starting to get really worried about it and don't want anything bad happening! Thanks

Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Severe head pain

Did you experience head or neck trauma prior to this headache? Head pain can be due to many different mechanisms, and the symptoms you describe don't seem specific to any particular medical problem. If you continue to have pain that doesn't respond to treatment, consider seeing a pain management physician in a pain clinic setting, especially if you can find a pain clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital.

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylojos View Post
Hi everyone I think this is the correct board. I 21 years old and been dealing with some heath issuess other then this. I have been having a severe headache/migraine the past 3 days now. I went to the ER Saturday night and they did a head ct and a spinal tap. Both came back just fine which I'm happy about. However this headache is so severe now when I get up I'm having non stop pain and throwing up. I only feel better when I lay down flat on my back. I went to my Doctor and she gave me an Ivy and some migraine medicine but it has not done anything. My symptoms are severe pain in my temple and behind my eyes, vomiting, stiff neck, light headed/off balance, sinsitivity to light, and weak legs. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm starting to get really worried about it and don't want anything bad happening! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
(male)

Taylojos HB User

Hey sorry for the late reply but i played football and had to stop because of these head aches i was getting from contact. Lately i been having to deal with memory issues, and weird sentation and pains in my head. Any idea? I been real worried

Old 05-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

Justleaky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylojos View Post

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. CSF leaks are hard to Dx if it is not black and white trauma. Spinal taps can cause these leaks as well as spontaneous leaks. The key that made me post is it helps the headache when you lay flat!

Hope you find relief

Reply Reply