It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
(male)

TARDIS 10 HB User
Advice Please!

I am 18 years old and I am in need of some medical advice! For the past three days I have had a strange tension/tingling sensation/pressure in the back right part of my head. The feeling is definitely under the scalp because my scalp is completely nonirritating. Ever since this started i have for some reason been unable to focus properly and haven't really felt myself for some reason. I have a somewhat well balanced diet with plenty of greens and lots of water. I have also had sever headaches every so often even before this started occurring. Is this possibly something serious or is this just some sort of tension that needs to be worked out? I will give the symptoms one more time in list format:
- pressure/uncomfortable sensation in back right part of head.
- pressure behind the eyes kind of (mainly right eye)
- pressure at the top right part of my neck
- cannot seem to focus properly
- finding myself having to drink more water to stay hydrated than usual (i really mean a lot when i say this)
- just don't feel like myself whatsoever
- finding it hard to speak correctly
- am a bit freaked out about this.....

If anyone has any advice as to what I should do to know if I should seek immediate medical attention or not I would really appreciate it. I am someone who does not have medical insurance and not much money.

P.S. - I don't think it's stress related because I've been under way more stress in the past and am not currently under any as of right now. I have also suffered from a serious concussion before from a bad four wheeler accident without a helmet (two years ago). - Just throwing that out there to see if it may be related!! Thanks so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User
Re: Advice Please!

If your head symptoms persist beyond a week, you should probably see a good doctor.You mentioned not having insurance. Could you be seen on any family member's insurance? Would you qualify for any state medical aid programs? Your present symptoms could be related to your earlier concussion, good luck

Last edited by stasis4; 05-24-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
brain, dehydration, neck, pressure, sensation