It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

rangerfan76 HB User
i have ptsd and had pseudo seizures

i got ptsd in 04-05 in iraq i got back and everything was good until 08 when i fell down two flights of stairs right on my head i was wanting to know if anyone has ever had white spots in there vision and alot of memory problems and what does it all mean and if pseudo seizures can do real damage to your brain even if there not real seizures and if anyone can come up with any answers

Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Suisse85 HB UserSuisse85 HB User
Re: i have ptsd and had pseudo seizures

If you have PTSD from Iraq, you should qualify for a program at the nearest V.A. Hospital. I don't know what a "pseudo-seizure" is. If you stop breathing as a person does in a real seizure, then I would think it might be bad for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
(female)

1improved HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan76 View Post
i got ptsd in 04-05 in iraq i got back and everything was good until 08 when i fell down two flights of stairs right on my head i was wanting to know if anyone has ever had white spots in there vision and alot of memory problems and what does it all mean and if pseudo seizures can do real damage to your brain even if there not real seizures and if anyone can come up with any answers
First id like to thank you for your service to our country. Sorry to hear of your injuries if a neurologist diagnoosed the pseudo seizures you'd get the best answer by asking him or her.my best guess is sounds like what ive experienced not to long ago.like where ive been observed as being in a distant like gaze and not blinking.happens more frequently under stress and when im having just a slow day.I hope you get good news from doctor.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
(female)

Eacarrow HB User

I sustained a brain injury and have the same problems you mentioned. At first I could not stand light because I saw white spots as well, most things you should find pleasure from like your favorite music can bring on severe migraines. That can be frustrating but you have to find a way to find peace and relief day to day, and the answer is different for everyone. Seizures can be scary, I had three a year after my accident and I thought it would be like starting all over. Take it one step at a time, don't worry about the what could be. I didn't have any major problems after, only a little frightened. I wish you the best!

Reply Reply