It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
(female)

kaybay72 HB User
Right side of head constantly has pain and pressure... Help!!!

So my head had been through a lot. a year ago, I was in a car accident where I suffered muscle injury to my neck. About two and a half three months ago, I was robbed at gunpoint, then got the ever-loving crap beaten out of me, most of the blows being to my face. The EMS believed it was not severe enough to go to the hospital, but to monitor myself over the next couple of months. Since then, I've developed a constant pressure all along the right side of my head, the back right along the base of my skull and behind the ear. Both areas have lumps, but it's difficult to tell if it's muscle knots or not because my entire right side if my neck is in knots. I'm also very tender to the touch around my right temple, my right eye is tender and sore, I tend to get headaches off and on throughout the day, and have ringing, pressure, and sometimes a wooshing sound in my right ear. Sometimes I feel dizzy, off-balance, our like I'm going to faint, but I haven't.
Now, I have been prone to chronic headaches almost my entire life, was even on migraine medication at one point as a child, never constant like this though. Also prone to sinus issues. Someone please give me some advise here!!! I'm desperate. I was diagnosed with ulcers a couple of months ago, and tend to hurt in general a lot, and I'm only 20. I just want to be able to feel fully functional again...

Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Right side of head constantly has pain and pressure... Help!!!

A pain doctor (in a pain clinic setting) might be your best bet, though a neurologist may also be able to help you get to the root of your head problems. It is certainly possible that your car accident resulted in nerve trauma, and getting the crap beat out of you may have made things worse. If you have a primary physician, maybe it's worth making an appointment, even if just to get a referal to another doctor. You shouldn't have to live in constant pain without some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybay72 View Post
So my head had been through a lot. a year ago, I was in a car accident where I suffered muscle injury to my neck. About two and a half three months ago, I was robbed at gunpoint, then got the ever-loving crap beaten out of me, most of the blows being to my face. The EMS believed it was not severe enough to go to the hospital, but to monitor myself over the next couple of months. Since then, I've developed a constant pressure all along the right side of my head, the back right along the base of my skull and behind the ear. Both areas have lumps, but it's difficult to tell if it's muscle knots or not because my entire right side if my neck is in knots. I'm also very tender to the touch around my right temple, my right eye is tender and sore, I tend to get headaches off and on throughout the day, and have ringing, pressure, and sometimes a wooshing sound in my right ear. Sometimes I feel dizzy, off-balance, our like I'm going to faint, but I haven't.
Now, I have been prone to chronic headaches almost my entire life, was even on migraine medication at one point as a child, never constant like this though. Also prone to sinus issues. Someone please give me some advise here!!! I'm desperate. I was diagnosed with ulcers a couple of months ago, and tend to hurt in general a lot, and I'm only 20. I just want to be able to feel fully functional again...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
(female)

jessp91 HB User

I'm very sorry for your pain. I'm 21 and suffer from chronic migraines thanks to a head injury from when I was 19. I was working in a dish room with a slick concrete floor, and I slipped. I hit my temple on the ground without breaking my fall. I know the frustration of trying to live like the rest of the lively kids your age and the chronic pain.
If you haven't seen a doctor, I would absolutely recommend a neurologist. Don't be too patient with them though. If you feel they are not actively working to help you or are too slow, etc, get yourself to a pain doctor. This is all for your pain. I can say that one sided headache is classic migraine (mine is always the left side, where I hit my head).
As for the dizziness, ringing, etc, it sounds like you're still suffering symptoms of a concussion. I know it was so overwhelming for me. At one point, I lay flat in my bed and still felt like I was going to fall over. I hope you find relief soon, but you may want to see an ear doctor. There are rocks in your inner ear that can be thrown out of place, and when that happens, the result is dizziness, wooziness, lack of balance, etc. It's normally not complicated to solve. They have this strange rolling procedure to reset the rocks. It worked for me. Best of luck! I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybay72 View Post

Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
(female)

Twitty bird HB User

Hi, Kaybay:
Sorry you are suffering so much because of your head injury. i am a caregiver to my husband, he had a stroke 18months ago, still struggle to recover. Since then i've been doing a lot of reading about brain recovery. what i found out is brain needs optimal nutrients in order to repair itself,you need to top up your nutrients for the brain. There are some good supplements to help to repair damaged nerve pathways. you can check into it, there is one call" Acetyl-L-Carnitine, helps to repair neuropathways. It has many benefits for your brain, you can do some search yourself, read it, maybe you will have a better idea if it's suitable for your condition. It works very well when you take good quality fish oil with it. if you have nerve damage you might have take up to 3000mg aday, you might have to talk to a good nutritionist to find out what will be proper dosage for your conditon. Hope that will help!

Reply Reply

Tags
headache, injury, pain, pressure