It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

ctubbs90 HB User
8 year old with prior brain bleed

My 8 year old grand daughter suffered a sudden brain bleed in the left temporal lobe in Jan of this year. Since then she continuously squeezes her hands together, has right periperal vision loss in both eyes, has outburts (mostly vocal), her attention & focusing is short, has short term memory loss.

Has anyone else suffered something like this or know of anyone who has?

Old 05-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
(female)

azoremom HB User
Re: 8 year old with prior brain bleed

Hi,
My husband had a small brain bleed and I know that even after the bleed stopped and all scans showed clear that if it wasn't for the neuropsychologist (dealing with brain injuries) I would never have had the help for him. She may have damage on the cellular level that does not show up. My husband was going out of his head with seizure "type" episodes and he would talk and respond, but not be there. We got some biofeedback also knows as neurofeedback. Please ask about this. Even if your insurance will not pay, maybe you can get this done. Four months later my husband was able to do his job - preaching. Yes, he still has some cognitive issues two years later, but I feel he stays so busy that he is not taking time to do brain games and things that will help much of the remainder.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
brain, injury, memory, vision