It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
(male)

IllGetLost HB User
Not sure where else to go...?

So let me start off by saying Hello to you all and I thank you for taking the time to read this. Lets cut to the meat shall we? I am a 19 year old male, about 14 months ago (few days before Christmas) I was with a few buddies just cruising around. Where I live, there was nowhere for us to pull over, and I had to too pee..needless to say I finally get to a store, its around 8:30 or so. I walk in with my brother, I take the longest **** of my life. The urination was almost like a high, my body was shaking and got warm. I start to zip my pants, and I wake up on the floor..needless to say I passed out and hit my head on the tile floor. My brother recalls what he called "seizures", I was tense my eyes were in the back of my head kinda, and I was shaking. I DID NOT go to the E.R., it was 10:30 by the time I got home, I had a final the next day ( second semester in college was coming to a closing) and I don't do well in school as it is, so I didn't to be in the E.R. till 7am...So my mom kept an eye on me, and I slept it off. I don't remember much, and for awhile I just had a headache here and there. I went in a few days later to schedule an MRI, bout a week after that I got in and the MRI came back fine. I get these waves of what I can only describe as "blood rushing" under my skin, going from my neck to the top of my skull from time to time. I get INSANE chills, like Im shaking with 3 blankets, teeth chattering and all...I have this weird sensation, (which comes and goes out of the blue) that I am being electrocuted.. at first I thought they were seizures(they could be because I do not remember anything happening) my body tense's, I shake, and I get a huge rush of warmth after...and then I feel fine.. Accompanying that and this is what is the daily issue is...I have a CONSTANT urge to urinate, Ill go pee. Some will come out, ten minutes later I get up to "go" again..and it's not painful to go or hard, but after I go my bladder is tender to say..I have PAIN in my bladder, and back on and off throughout the day. The pain differs from the tenderness because I cry when I am in pain, but not the tenderness.. I have pain and tenderness in my genitials on and off if the pain is that bad in my bladder..and I have been having horrible dreams, vivid, DISTURBING, dreams...this has been going on for a year..I have been living, next to a bathroom for the past year metaphorically..I cant sit in the library at my school longer than 30-40 minutes, because its too far from the bathroom.. So test's I have had: MRI, CAT scan of bladder, testicular ultrasound, UCVG, Cystoscopy(spelling),kidney functions, blood work, urine cultures. EVERYTHING coming back normal..they can't explain any of the pain or urgency..I initially thought of Interstitial Cystitis, after corresponding my symptoms and what I was reading, I have most but not all..the urologist said all he could "think of " involves my bladder neck? Im sorry Im not throughout, I am tired, I don't sleep well, and I'm just running out of options..the doctors keep telling me that "nothing looks wrong"..well IT IS!! Im ashamed to admit that I am having mental health issues along side of all this, HOWEVER! The realm of what is my reality, and what is going on in my life is making it insanely difficult to get help for my physical conditions right now, let alone balancing a psychological treatment..I am not sure if the injury even caused my symptoms, but it has made them worse..I have always felt for lack of a better term, this way...ever since I can remember...which isnt too far. Its all a haze... I didn't know where to post this..and Im sorry for not being even more throughout, I'm just running out of options..my doctors are telling me "I don't know.." and Im not getting any relief..the doctors wont give me meds without a definitive diagnosis..I am awake now in PAIN but I cant get anything better than Motrin 800. I understand the addictiveness of pain killers, but I'm failing my classes in school because I can't focus enough to function..I lost my job..I'm just falling apart and all the professionals are telling me " I dont know what to tell you.." and Im losing hoping. The only medication I am on, is Flowmax and thats only relieving some symptoms.. I will try to add more later on,-Jon..
P.S. I think a neurologist is the next person to see? My doctors tend to kick the can down the road, so Im trying to be self advocating..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Not sure where else to go...?

I think it is reasonable to visit a neurologist. You may indeed have a seizure disorder, perhaps triggered by something in your urinary tract. Just a guess...

Reply Reply