It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

Crazygirl91 HB User
Old Head Injury= Anger problems

My Husband and I have been married for 16 months and prior to marrying him. He was a little hot headed, but nothing to be bothered over. After marriage he gets Diabetes and seems like a few months prior to that he seemed more angry. After he got his diabetes under control he got much better, episodes were few and far between. Here lately his anger has gotten out of Control. His job has suffered twice cause he cussed bosses and they demoted him 2 times. Our marriage is suffering cause seems like every other day he gets mad at me and says some really hurtful things and I have a hard time getting over them. Its almost as if he's got split personalities. He can be one way and in a blink of an eye he's the other man.

I was talking to his Mom about his anger and she said he was never that way till he had a car wreck at age 17? (He is now 39) I talked to him about the wreck and find out that there were more wrecks where he was knocked out (he raced cars at a speedway) that he never received medical treatment for. I am now wondering if these outburst of his is related to the old head trauma?!

I think he needs help for his anger! I don't know where to turn, I don't know what kind of Dr. to start with. Can anyone give me some insight, HELP!

Last edited by Crazygirl91; 02-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
Re: Old Head Injury= Anger problems

I would definitely get help for this right away. As to what type of doctor....i wouldn't know he could see a Neurologist and get tested - you could look up post concussion disorder. Since you said his diabetes being out of control affected him before perhaps he is eating something that he's allergic to? Maybe try to get him to cut out wheat or dairy for two weeks and see if there's an improvement. Also a lot of food dye's do really weird things to people.
Other than that I'd suggest some marriage counseling stat. You don't want to end up with kids in an abusive marriage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply