It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2003, 05:27 PM   #1

Sophina HB User
Nerves in brain misfireing and causing noises in head...

Recently I thought I was having titinitis. I had posted on the hearing message board and noone seemed to have the same symptoms. I have three hummings going on in my head. I hear a low hum going up and down.. regular titinitis and I hear a dronning like a tractor idleing at times too. These sounds seem to come from different sides at different times. They don't sound like they are coming from my ears. I have also been having really bad brain jolts. The doctor has decided that the sounds are coming from my brain. He says nerves misfireing can cause this. He put me on Risperdal to see if it would help me.
Have any of you ever had this happen to you? I am wondering if I will ever get over it.
I have been exposed to very toxic chemicals and I think they have migrated to my brain. I have read that this can cause the misfireing in the brain..

Old 11-11-2003, 07:55 PM   #2

saxgirl HB User
I get some pretty annoying noises also...buzzing, ringing, unintelligible voices. I recently started Risperdal for that & other things, & I'm doing a lot better. How much are you taking? I'm finding it really hard to not gain weight on it...have you noticed that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #3

Sophina HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxgirl
I get some pretty annoying noises also...buzzing, ringing, unintelligible voices. I recently started Risperdal for that & other things, & I'm doing a lot better. How much are you taking? I'm finding it really hard to not gain weight on it...have you noticed that?

I am only taking 1/2 mg of Risperdal. Does it work right away, or does it talke some time like antidepressants? So far it has not helped me at all, although I have only been on this small amount for over a week. The noises are getting worse and the swelling in my head and over all aching of my face and head are not good either. As far as gaining weight, I have been tying to lose some weight and I have lost 22 pounds so far. I have really cut down on calorie count though too.
I am so glad you are doing better. :-)

Old 11-12-2003, 06:55 AM   #4

saxgirl HB User
It takes about a week to start working. I started on 1mg at bedtime, but it wasn't lasting through the day & I'd hear the noises (worse than without the Risperdal). I added another 1mg in the morning & they went away. My doc gave me the option of having another 1mg at lunch if I need it, but so far I haven't.

I just reread your post...this is just MY experience with it. I think some people can get pretty severe side effectes from this, so definitely tell your doc about the swelling. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it doesn't sound good.

Last edited by saxgirl; 11-12-2003 at 07:03 AM.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:10 PM   #5

tiffany1 HB User
Re: Nerves in brain misfireing and causing noises in head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophina
I am only taking 1/2 mg of Risperdal. Does it work right away, or does it talke some time like antidepressants? So far it has not helped me at all, although I have only been on this small amount for over a week. The noises are getting worse and the swelling in my head and over all aching of my face and head are not good either. As far as gaining weight, I have been tying to lose some weight and I have lost 22 pounds so far. I have really cut down on calorie count though too.
I am so glad you are doing better. :-)
Get to a nuerologist asap.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:55 PM   #6

SNOOPYKK HB User
Re: Nerves in brain misfireing and causing noises in head...

do you get palpatations in your head as well ? i have a constant ' heart beat' sound on my left side and am getting worried and occassional sharp qick stabbing pain in my head

Closed Thread