It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #1

selleckhero HB User
head pressure...tingling

A few weeks ago I started to get this constant pressure in the back of my head. It gets so bad sometimes that I can't fall a sleep at night. When I go running sometimes it feels like my whole head is going to go numb and tingles and then goes away. Along with these symptoms I have been experiencing: slight dizziness, hard time concentrating and remembering things, depression and anxiety, arms and legs go numb easily, very tired all of the time, pressure in my stomach, muscle spasms come and go at different areas in my body and a fungal or yeast infection in my mouth. I have a lot of different symptoms and am not sure what it could be. What could this be? Could it be brain cancer or some other neurological condition caused by another infection or something. I am lost. If anybody has any idea what it could be, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #2

Stewaroo HB User
Re: head pressure...tingling

Quote:
Originally Posted by selleckhero
A few weeks ago I started to get this constant pressure in the back of my head. It gets so bad sometimes that I can't fall a sleep at night. When I go running sometimes it feels like my whole head is going to go numb and tingles and then goes away. Along with these symptoms I have been experiencing: slight dizziness, hard time concentrating and remembering things, depression and anxiety, arms and legs go numb easily, very tired all of the time, pressure in my stomach, muscle spasms come and go at different areas in my body and a fungal or yeast infection in my mouth. I have a lot of different symptoms and am not sure what it could be. What could this be? Could it be brain cancer or some other neurological condition caused by another infection or something. I am lost. If anybody has any idea what it could be, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Hi there, I have very similar symptoms to what you describe. The pressure is the main problem, like your's, sometimes it gets so intense it feels as if my head will explode and it is impossible to concentrate on things or think about anything but the pressure. Mine started when I had a particularly bad head cold and from what I have read on several of these forums it could be anything from chronic sinusitis, an inner ear problem, anxiety, or atypical migraines. I visited the doctor about a week and a half ago and he noted that my ears were fully blocked with wax and said this was my problem along with possible eustachian tube blockage. I had my ears syringed but this did not help the pressure/dizziness at all. I am going back to my doctor tomorrow I shall let you know what he tells me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #3

pbeauchamp HB User

I have the same problems too. For about 4months now I have had this burning tingling senations on top of my head that lasts all day. After the pain is gone my head feels sore. I have also had sharp pains in my sides, sore ribs, muscle spasms, and dizziness. I have had an mri which showed sinus disease but I have had this treated and still my problems persist. Everyday I feel like something is going to pop! It is horrible!! I have heard this could be caused by anxiety but I find this hard to believe. HElp anyone!!

Old 05-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Anxiety and panic attacks can do it. I have the same problem. Go to the panic disorder board and read.

Old 05-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #5

selleckhero HB User

Thanks everyone for the responses. It is reassuring to hear someone else can relate to what I am experiencing. When I started to get these symptoms about a month or two ago, I was going through a very stressful time in my life and was having panic attacks. Also, a couple of doctors I have had in the past said I might be suffering from anxiety problems but I never believed them. Now knowing that these could be symptoms of anxiety makes a little more sense. I have to get test done in a few days so I will know a little more about what is going on. Hopefully everything goes well.

Old 05-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #6

Lesardah HB User

I have the EXACT same problem as the initial poster, to the letter. My limbs go numb occasionally, usually on my left side. My head gets tingly also, but it doesn't go exactly "numb", it's more like the SKIN is numb. Same with my hands and feet. They function fine, unlike if they were to "fall asleep". They just get really numb. I find myself falling asleep in really bad positions, like on my keyboard & such. Sometimes, I fall asleep on the corner of my couch or my desk and cut off the circulation to my head, then I wake up, and feel the blood rush back to my head, my temple pounding like crazy.

I searched everywhere and couldn't find anyone having the same symptoms. It's kind of comforting to know that there are more people with similar problems.

Do you smoke? I think this is a very important question. I smoke about 2 packs a day, and it seems aggravated by my smoking.

Also, I get subtle ear aches & ears ringing on the left side of my head sometimes, or when I hear really loud high-pitch noises (like a loud keyboard) my inner ear will pulse.

Please post if you learn anything. I don't know what type of doctor I should go see.

Old 05-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #7

crgx82 HB User

I have had the exact same problem for the past 2 months. It has to be related to stress and anxiety. I started getting these burning, tingling, and popping feelings in my head right a week after I had my first panic attack. Try putting ice on the area or taking a heated shower. That normally clears the sensations up for me.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #8

krisey HB User

I have the exact problem and I have anxiety/panic disorder. So definately check in with the panic message board, you will be surprised what it can do to you! You feel you are becoming brain damaged or your nerves are shot. Crazy stuff going on in the human body.

Closed Thread