It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #1

cityangel HB User
Tingling in head, brain fog, multiple food allergies....Help!!!!!

For over 5 years I've had some very strange symptoms....tingling in my head, usually in both temples but sometimes everywhere else, coupled with major "brain fog"......I sometimes feel like most of my day is spent in a trance.... I'm somewhat aware of what's going on but feel very "far away" and like things don't visually look quite right....also, I've just recently started to react to Everything I eat!!! Seriously! Everything I eat seems to immediately trigger a worsening of my symptoms (tingling and confusion). Very very frustrating and annoying. I also experience tremendous light sensitivity---the bright sunlight outdoors seems to trigger lots of electrical sensations in my head coupled with a complete inability to open my eyes fully (I squint like crazy and my head hurts so much). Similar to many of you I've been to many clueless drs...have had numerous tests---MRI and EEG's OK, blood work always fine, drs always looking at me like I'm nuts as I describe these seemingly "mental" "psychological" symptoms...I've been asked many Q's about stress levels in my life, happiness w/ my life etc.... but seriously I Know it's not psychological....I'm a pretty "together" person so to speak, some anxieties here and there like the rest of us, but nothing major. I just know it's not psychological at all and wish I knew what was causing this. How do the food allergies relate ???? ANY comments or suggestions GREATLY appreciated! Thanx and God Bless.... Cityangel

Last edited by cityangel; 07-13-2004 at 07:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #2

chinagrl426 HB User
Re: Tingling in head, brain fog, multiple food allergies....Help!!!!!

It sounds like anxiety to me and I get tingling in my head and up my neck when I get anxious. Just recently i began to feel a foggy feeling-it kind of went away but I still feel as if I ma in a trance sometimes. You could be experiencing derealization or disassociation-you can read about these to se if they describe any of your symptoms. If you can tfigure it out I would suggest seeing a psychologist, not for "psychological reasons like you are crazy" but they may help to put things into perspective that physical doctors cannot.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:14 AM   #3
(male)

stackzone HB User

Im like you angel. People tell me anxiety, but Im not buying it. Food really effects my symtpoms as well. When I tell doctors my food symptoms (feeling weird, weak, heart flys, dizziness after eating) they keep giving me glucose tolerance tests that come back normal. I dont know angel....

Old 07-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User

I know exactly what you mean because I have the same symptoms. I'm seeing a neurologist trying to find out what's wrong, its been going on for years. No doctors seem to know what I'm talking about, if you find out what it is, be sure to let me know and I'll do the same. It's a terrible feeling when you have no control of what you're doing or who you are.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:52 AM   #5

Kandi M HB User

Angel, I have gone through some similar things like what you have described. I was tested last year for low blood sugar...I did the 5 hour glucose test and I was told that I am reactive hypoglycemic. I was diagnoised by an endo. doctor but I have also been told by a "family doctor" that I do not have a sugar problem at all. Since the family doctor does not specalize in sugar problems I really don't know whether to believe him or not though. I was on Actos for a while and changed my diet completely and my symptoms improved. Who told you your blood sugar levels are fine....an endo doctor or a family doctor? That may not be what is wrong but your symptoms are very much like what mine were.

Kandi

Old 08-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #6

sdh2105 HB User

Hello,
Did you ever find a solution to your symptoms.
I have been having some of the same problems.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #7
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
Question Re: Tingling in head, brain fog, multiple food allergies....Help!!!!!

I have had mri's, eeg's and no answers yet.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #8

Tarsha HB User

It might be a candida infection
Try spitting into a glass of water first thing in the morning after a few minutes if your saliva has formed long stringy bits its a good indication of a yeast infection.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 AM   #9
Inactive

Jack51 HB User

Check for mold in your home. I have chemical allergies, (sensitivities), and I get an immediate, extreme headache and anger (a triggered response, not directed at anyone) from perfumes, hair spray etc. Recently, I did some work under my daughters house, which is over 30 years old, and stayed under it for almost 2 hours. Well, odors that I could normally tolerate, I couldn't. This hyper response took about 1.5 weeks to subside to my normal chemical sensitivities. If you have ever had a water leak in your home, you can have these deadly molds to start and flourish behind walls etc. Basements are also bad for these molds. I hope that you get better soon

Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 AM   #10

SHAYSER HB User

HI ANGEL BESIDES THE FOOD I AM HAVEING THE SAME SYMPTOMS HERE IS MY POST... THIS HAS STARTED ABOUT A MONTH AGO ..I Posted The First Time On The Board Yesterday Anyway Here Are My Syptoms. I Have Headaches For The Last Three Days Before They Would Come And Go But I Have Had This One For Three Days, The Pain Is Basically On The Right Side Of My Head I Also Have Some Tingeling On That Side, My Eyes Also Hurt I Go For A Cat Scan On Sunday But I Am Hoping Someone Can Give Some Advise I Am Only 26 And I Am Very Scared This Could Be A Brain Tumor.... Please Help

I AM SO SCARED THAT I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR,MAYBE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT

Old 09-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #11

femme HB User

Angel, I am new to this board. We have many of the same symptoms. Mine all started with mold exposure. (This was caused by a brand new faucet handle that leaked under a new bathtub in a newly remodeled master bathroom.) After we discovered it (from a musty smell) we had professional testing and then mold remediation, complete with plastic air chambers and "space suits". (They had to tear out all that beautiful new remodel!) During the months before the discovery and then after, I had been to several doctors, had Chem 35 blood tests, xrays, allergy tests, and nothing showed up. But I knew I was sick. Anything with chemicals in it would take my voice to a low raspy pitch. I would cough and my chest would hurt. Then I would get very weak, and extremely tired. Sometimes barely able to walk. These chemicals include Windex, bathroom cleaners, public restroom deodorizers, grocery stores, fabric stores, chemicals in a hospital, car fumes, and brewing coffee, such as in a "famous" coffee shop, even fumes from a brewing coffee pot at home, among other things. None of these things affected me before the mold exposure. I thought the sharp piercing pains in my legs were due to the wrong kinds of jogging shoes, and I didn't really consider the sharp or tingling pains in my fingers and toes, or the ringing in my ears could be related to this, so I tried to ignore these. But no Allergist or Internist could come up with anything. Finally one said I needed an immunologist. After some searching, I found a wonderful doctor in Texas that specializes in immune and toxic disorders. He ordered extensive blood tests, and nerve testing. Results showed 34 abnormalities in my blood, including high levels of the black mold, (13 kinds), and damage to the myelin sheaths that surround the nerves. These tests showed all the places where I had been feeling the pain. I WASN'T CRAZY!!! Now I have started agressive treatments that include a weekly 6 hour intravenous infusion, Sporonox twice a day, and several other things. I am so glad I found this doctor that really cares and knows what to do. I feel I am on the road to recovery. (I have completed 3 weeks of treatments and have 9 to go. I have already noticed some subtle changes.)
The crazy thing is, throughout all of this, I have looked like the picture of health and no one would have guessed what was going on in my system. Much of the time I feel OK. But when it hits, IT HITS, and takes me down, big time. And when it hits, I get very depressed. (I have no immune system.)
A word of warning: Quite often when there is mold somewhere in the home, maybe from a leaky pipe under a sink, or a dishwasher, or a leaky roof, or an air vent, or even moldy food forgotten in the bottom back of the fridge, people try to clean it up themselves, or paint over it, or just ignore it, never realizing how dangerous it is to their health. Be careful. Get a professional to check it, not a plumber. Clorox does not get it. If someone feels better when they are out of the house then they do at home, that is the sick house syndrome, and you'd better check it out. (I have recently learned that new carpet padding will cause problems also. It's what it is made of that is the problem. I learned this from an RN who has been fighting this also. Her husband is an MD, and they too, were searching for answers to her health problems.)
We have learned so much from this experience and I hope my experience has helped some others. And God bless you all.

Last edited by femme; 09-14-2004 at 11:34 PM.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #12
Inactive

godsgirl246811 HB User

Yes, I can relate I was doing the samething but not as bad as you. I was told I had leaky gut and I need to change my diet. I also was informed that I had yeast inside and need to detoxic my body, no dairy and take a cleanser for the yeast, you can get them at the health food store. Have you ever heard of autoimmuned disorder? That is something that happens when you have one. Check out websites on autoimmuned disorder. This helps you understand that it is a cycle and you develop allergies to everything. That is a good indication that your liver is not function up to power. Detoxic your self one area at a time and you will see and feel sooooo much better and those things that you had problems with you will be able to introduce them back into your diet little by little.

God Bless,
Kim

Old 10-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #13

Filmrobe HB User

It might be helpful to mention other factors, cityangel. For example, do you have any problems with your back (cervical spine in particular) that might account for a number of the symptoms you describe. Is the cause coming from the environment, as some are suggesting, or is it something that resides in your system? Did the food allergies come early on, or are they later (possibly, coincidental) in the list of symptoms that you mention? It might help to lessen speculation to know this. BobF

Old 01-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #14
(male)

BooGhost HB User

Angel,
Your description matches my symtms exacly.
Quote:
tingling in my head, usually in both temples but sometimes everywhere else, coupled with major "brain fog"......I sometimes feel like most of my day is spent in a trance.... I'm somewhat aware of what's going on but feel very "far away" and like things don't visually look quite right....also, I've just recently started to react to Everything I eat!!! Seriously! Everything I eat seems to immediately trigger a worsening of my symptoms (tingling and confusion). Very very frustrating and annoying. I also experience tremendous light sensitivity---the bright sunlight outdoors seems to trigger lots of electrical sensations in my head coupled with a complete inability to open my eyes fully (I squint like crazy and my head hurts so much).
This has only been going on with me since late November 2004 (started Thanksgiving day). I can't imagine living with it for over 5 years. I've been to the ER (for sharp pain in my leg) a day after it started, and been to a family doctor for the other symptoms a week ago. The ER of course didnt find anything. The family doctor ordered blood/urine tests and didnt find anything. I notice that when I am home at my apartment or outside the symptoms subside. When I go to work at the office they come back. Although eatting affects me anywhere. When it's bad I get headaches (could swear im havin a stroke or something), heart races or skips beats, being touched is repulsive, and a tingling/numbness from the top of my head down to the middle of my back.

If you have any more information about this, or just want to talk about it, please email me [ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ].

I hope we both find out whats goin on very soon.

Have a great day!

-Dan

Last edited by moderator2; 01-06-2005 at 06:31 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 01-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #15
(male)

sleepyguy HB User

Have you been tested for Lyme disease? Did it start all of a sudden and do you get fatigue? Is it your thyroid maybe? You need to check your FT3 and FT4 as well as the TSH incase they are low.

Femme: How come this doc found damage to the myelin sheaths and yet your MRI you said you had before was ok?

Martin

Closed Thread