It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #1

Campbell HB User
Tingling/Light headed

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has felt the way I have as of late that has caused some concern for me.....
Here is how I feel almost daily!

-Light headed (eat 3 meals a day!)
-Jelly Legs
-Can't focus (get good sleep!)
-Tingling all over my body - feet, hands - arms etc.....

Last time I was at the Dr my blood pressure was 100 over about 60-something....It's been about 118 over 70/80 nearly 1 year ago.....could this be it. It this all related to Anxiety (which I have fought for nearly 3 years)???!!!!????

I was on Zoloft for about 2 years (gained about 20 pounds) went off it (on my own) and don't want to go on it again because I would like to have a child and they don't know what effects this has on the child if you take it while pregnant....so I am off it.

Some times I get these almost electrical shocks.......it feels like it is coming from my heart - but my whole body feels it........anythoughts - ANYONE!!
I feel almost alone and my husband is sick of hearing it and tells me it's all in my head and to let it go - I am fine.......anyone - heard of such a thing!?

Old 09-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Unhappy Re: Tingling/Light headed

Hi Campbell -

No you are not alone. Mine started four months ago though and was ushered in by gastro problems first. It all started off with pain in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen then bloomed into stomach and lower pain. 3 weeks of horrible digestive issues...after a CT Scan, colonoscopy, internal and external sonogram, 2 trips to the er, numerous blood work, ekg, and sonogram of the heart I am right back to where I started. I have missed two weddings and a vacation due to this and I was supposed to start massage school yesterday and have decided to postpone it.

I am not able to come to terms with the diagnosis of anxiety yet. It is not that I would be embarrassed if it was it is just the fact that I have lost my appetite off and on, nausea off and on, my blood pressure too has dropped...it used to hover around 120/80 and at one point while going to all of these doctors appointments it was 83/56 - I am sorry anxiety doesn't do that. I can't take but one sip of wine and the world starts to spin. I have been on a stricter diet then I already have. I am a very healthy eater and rarely eat anything processed. I have been having chest pain as of the last three weeks. I have occassional insomnia which is horrible complete with restless leg and arm feelings...I feel like all of my nerve endings are exposed. It is so weird and started the middle of May. I can tell you the exact day.

So that is my story...and my husband is tired of it too although he is being very supportive. He can tell I am struggling. I have lost 15 lbs. and each day is a new day when it comes to my symptoms.

I am researching and being tested for lyme disease and tick borne coinfections, I am considering a possible reaction to Levaquin which is an antibiotic that has given quite a few people strange reactions, and intestinal bug of some sort.

I wish you luck and hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

-ncgirl88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Re: Tingling/Light headed

I forgot to mention that now I am experiencing all of your symptoms - jelly legs and sometimes just weakness in my thighs and butt muscles. I can't focus...all of it...same thing.

-ncgirl88

Closed Thread