It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
(male)

Prtam HB User
Angry Twitching Temple

Anyone have this happen to them?

Several weeks ago, I had a twitch in my left temple, much like the kind you get in the corner of the eye from time to time. It lasted all day. It continued to come back from time to time and about 2 weeks ago, the frequency became greater. Last week, I started having it everyday. Not just that, but it was suddenly accompanied by a numb/tingling around portions of the left side of my head, around the left eye, and down to the jaw (which now twitches from time to time). With that, I've also developed an electric tingling like a band around my head. It's more pronounced in the forehead and I'm getting occasional twitching in my right temple, now. With all of this, I begin to feel distant though aware. It's driving me insane.

A friend of mine, a doctor, says he can't think of anything that would cause it except tension. Well, the kicker is that I don't have much stress in my life. I am a yoga instructor who owns the business and am very happy with the work I do. Very relaxed most of the time, aside from the few upsets we can all expect in life. I, and my doctor friend, am at a loss.

I am going to see my regular doctor tomorrow or Friday (depending on when I can get an appointment), but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, what came of it, and what they found helpful. I am pretty derned certain that relaxation exercises are useless with this as I've done them all. And, gosh, I wasn't as stressed out about anything until I got stressed out about this not subsiding.

Thanks in advance for any help. If I get any immediate information from my regular doctor, I will post it for anyone who may be interested.

Ricky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
(male)

Prtam HB User
Re: Twitching Temple

Though no one replied (thanks), I am posting an update.

Doctor told me it may be stress. I went for a massage and nothing has changed.

Finally went to the dentist on a whim. He said it was my wisdom teeth. I spent a week on antibiotics and had two of my wisdom teeth ripped out of my head while I was awake. After suffering the most excrutiating pain, I enjoyed my first twitch free week. I was so happy that I finally had the problem taken care of.

Well, I spoke too soon. Yesterday, the twitching started again. So I had two teeth needlessly removed.

Now, I'm stressed. It's been over a month of this (aside from my one week) and it's becoming exasperating. Is it time to go to a neurologist?

PLEASE, if anyone has suffered from something such as this, your input would be helpful.

Thank you,

Ricky

Old 11-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #3

Dolsomer HB User

Just yesterday, I began experiencing a twitch on my forehead, where you might say my "third eye" is, it's not constant, it stops and starts throughtout the day, I have had it for only 24 hours, and was just wondering if you (Ricky) are still experiencing it? And if you have found anything else out?

Old 11-09-2004, 04:54 AM   #4
(male)

resonance HB User

Prtam I have had the same thing before. About a week ago my temple would twitch for about 10 seconds at a time every few minutes all day long. It was not a small twitch either; when I put my hand up to the side of my head it was scary. I thought it was yet another symptom of a growing brain tumor within my head (I have been worried about a brain tumor for months because of head pressure and dizziness, etc.). But, after two days of it occurring quite frequently it quit altogether and has been dormant for a few days now. I think it may be anxiety related as when I went to the ER 3 times a couple of months ago they wouldnt give me the time of day about a possible brain tumor. I have just been trying to relax and not worry about these physical problems. Hope you find some answers or relief soon.

-Jonathan

Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi Ricky -

I have lyme disease with two tick borne coinfections called Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis. I have had twitching of my face muscles and weird tingling sensations and stiffness in my jaw. I do not remember being bitten nor did I ever have the bull's eye rash. I also have had a million in one other problems too though...

How did you feel when you went on the antibiotic? What antibiotic was it? Any strange reactions? Sometimes if it is tick borne illness and you are on an antibiotic that kills lyme or the coinfections you can have a pretty severe reaction....doesn't sound like you did.

Just wanted to bring your attention to it just in case.

Hope you find an answer soon.

-ncgirl88

Closed Thread