It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2004, 04:23 PM   #1

bainbridge20 HB User
Feeling high, sometimes off balance and constant tinnitus

Hi

I was wondering of anyone has ever had the same symptoms as I've been having over the past 6 months.

It started in May this year when I was working full time in a petrol station (gas station in US English, I'm 19 from Portsmouth/UK). I started to feel as if I'd had a few drinks, slightly high, as if everything around me isnt there properly. It went away again after a few weeks. I then started feeling off balance with slightly blurred vision. This was diagnosed as labarynthitis by my GP. I was told it would last for about 6 to 8 weeks. After 2 months I indeed started to feel better. I started a college course this September and over the first 2 months up to now I was symptom free. I flew to Germany last week and the symptoms started just before then, again a feeling of being off balance and slightly high.
The balance problem has gone again now but the feeling of being high is still there. I also have the odd sharp feeling of pain in my hands and feet, but this does not occur on a regular basis.
I have ruled out the following conditions, as my symptoms do not match with them:

-variant CJD (the human form of mad cow disease, which occurs fairly frequently in the UK, due to people eating infected beef, however I was never fed any cheap beef during my childhood when the mad cow crisis was peaking and the symptoms are different)

-Menieres disease (I don't have attacks of severe vertigo)

Does anyone have similar or the same symptoms as I've been having? If you do please post a reply, it would help me a lot to know that there's people out there who are having the same problems.

Thanks a lot,

Chris from Portsmouth/UK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
(male)

Piercethedrk HB User
Re: Feeling high, sometimes off balance and constant tinnitus

Hey, Chris. What you described sounds a little like how my problem started out. I've been sick for about 13 months now, but I have alot of cognitive problems also. My initial symtpoms were very panic-attack like for no reason out of the blue I would just feel weird. I also have constant tinnitus in my head, I usually have to sleep with a fan on or something just so it doesn't keep me awake. I have muscle tremors when I try to use them and fasciculations, also cognitive impairment. Sounds like we may be in the same boat. How long has it been since your first symptom?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Re: Feeling high, sometimes off balance and constant tinnitus

bainbridge20, your symptoms sound very similar to mine. I found out mine are allergies. The constant high feeling is pressure in the head caused by the allergens in the air affecting your sinuses. The occasional dizziness is the ear canal being blocked because they swell from the airborne allergens and the fluid cannot drain and is blocked. I actually have felt this way for a few years, some months worse than others. I spend most summers in misery and feeling drunk all the time unless I live on Allegra. I cannot think straight and wake feeling like somebody drugged me, and spend most of my days feeling bad unless the weather is colder outside. Winters are not as bad, but the symptoms are still there, just not as severe. Allegra is the only allergy med. that has helped me. I tried many recommended over the counter meds., but these just made me very hyper and kept me up half the night. I hope this helps a bit. You may want to try an allergy med. to see if this helps.

Closed Thread