It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2000, 07:47 PM   #1

shangti HB User
Post 40 white spots in brain

I had a couple of mri's and they showed at least 40 white spots in the brain. Add some serious symptons ranging from a tingling sensation in the head, face, spiking pain in the upper back, hands, numbness in fingers, wobbly sensations and spitting up blood in the morning. Also breathing tests indicate 68% in optimum conditions. I am now seeing a top neurologist in New England after being at the Mayo clinic. I guess i am trying to find out if anyone else has had white spots in the brain or know what is happening to me. I also have a RF of 296. I'm 33 and have been battling this unknown thing for two years. My doctors are not sure what it is, but say is a disease that is attacking my body. Thanks for reading.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
(female)

rhansen HB User
Re: 40 white spots in brain

My mom has the same thing!! They said she has Bells Palsy and they aren't sure what all the spots are on her brain. They have given her 2 MRI's and was hoping you would be able to help shed some light on this! This is all new to her. First they said it was MS. Now they aren't sure what it is. Numbness in her right arm and under her right breast. IF you have any more infor please share!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 05:37 AM   #3
(female)

jandsmeek HB User

Hi, I have white spots on my brain, I also have seizures and numbness under my right breast. Did they ever figure out what that was caused from.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
(female)

lmmore HB User
Talking White spots on Brain

Hi, this for all the ones who wrote in wondering about the white spots on their brain. I just had some MRI'S done and then saw my Neurologist, and she said I had MS. Now this also being looked at as possibly having other diseases also. I am gonna have other tests soon. Some of my symptoms are tremers and alot of shakiness. Iam very tired and have some thinking problems along with this.I am 47 yrs old, I knew something was happening to me for the last few years and it has gotten worse real fast. She told me rest was one of the best things I could do to help. A friend also told me about a Doctor Weil on the web! A great way to find our answer's and correct some things in your diet. And also help with your overall weel being. I sure hope this helps some one out there.

Last edited by lmmore; 10-21-2005 at 05:59 AM. Reason: title

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

Kicki HB User

Hello shangti, lmmore, jandsmeek, and rhansen!

I too have the same. I have white spots.

Over six years ago. I started getting a numbness in my left hand and arm. My Dr just thought that I was having panic attacks. So, I was given meds and still have the systems from time to time. But, I ignored them with a pill that seem to be working until about 2, 1 1/2 years ago.... My "panic attacks" started to become full left arm and face becomes numb, tingly, niddles, cold type feeling. Even the side of my tongue. My left eye looses sight. No peripheral, almost like looking through a Kaleidoscope with lines-lights similar to a Migraine. Except, I don't get migraines!!!! I don't have pain at all.... I become incoherent. ALL Stroke syptoms... It lasts for about 3-4 hours. I'm terrified! Still having these "spells" about..... once or twice every quarter of the year. I have been to the emergency room. They don't know what is wrong- stroke? Can't be..... I'm young. 30's... Migraine? Nope. Panic attack? Who knows.. Ahhh!!!!! I have been seeing a Neurologist for about 2 months now. I have had an EEG, EKG, and a MRI done and have white spots. I have yet to see the x-ray. Just spoke to the Dr. by phone. I am having a Spinal Tap next week. He mentioned MS and seizures BUT, he doubts it since I'm in my mid-30's.....

HOPEFULLY, I'll know more in a week.

K~

Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
(female)

bridges33 HB User

I too am in my mid 30s. My MRI shows many white spots in the brain that my neurologist is determined are from migraines. I do not get the headache portion of the migraine, but I do have the auras along with many other strokelike symptoms. I have numbness sometimes, loss of hearing on the left side, lots of problems remembering words to communicate effectively, slurred speach and slow speach patterns, getting tongue-tied and also some automatic reflexes, like twitches and legs and arms jerking as if to reflex for no reason. I have had spinal tap, blood work, mri, eeg, ekg, cartoroid ultrasound and mostly ruled out everything but migraines, though I wonder sometimes if they just don't know what it is and they call it that. I hope you have found an answer. Share it withe me if you do!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Bridges,

Welcome! I have some of the same symptoms as you but all my tests so far have been normal including my MRI. I have a history of migraines (text book with aura) since I was in my teens (now 39) for the last year or so I have been having the aura without the headache. Recently I had a major episode of vertigo that lasted about 6 weeks then the numbness started in my face and I started to get the electrical shock feeling in my head that sometimes travels down into my arms or straight down into my feet. I fear they will never be able to figure out what this is!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
(female)

deweytl HB User

Have they checked you for seizure disorder with an EEG? I am 39 and just found out that I have had a seizure disorder for life and just started noticing them the last few weeks. It's something to think about. Good luck. I also have been very ill with heart disease and arrythmia, thyroid probs, nerve disease and blood clotting disease. So this is just one more problem among many, but if you can get help go for it.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Deweylt,

My Neuro never ordered an EEG. I have had the holter monitor which showed some arrhythmia that did not correspond to the symptoms. ENG test states normal but suggests Bilateral caloric weakness - futher testing recommended and the MRI says crowding at the level of the foramen magnum but no significat tonsillar herniation. Neuro says symptoms are NOT neurological. Not sure what to do next. I just had my eyes tested because It feels like my eyes are jumping when I get that weird shock feeling in my head. Eye doctor said eyes were perfectly fine too.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
(female)

Lori1975 HB User
Red face Re: 40 white spots in brain

I, too, have white spots on the brain revealed from my last MRI. I have been a long time migraine sufferer and have Scleroderma. My neurologist seemed to have no idea what had caused the white spots. I am approaching fifty. I was asked if I had ever been tested for MS and I haven't, but it was not suggested by my neurologist. I have lapses in memory, loss of speech and confusion at times. I have used Imitrex for almost twenty years and it usually seems to work for my migraines. If anyone can find out what causes these white spots, I would really like to know. Thank you, Lori

Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
(female)

Mands1616 HB User

Hello i am also suffering from similar symptoms. My MRI showed White spot on the left side of brain. I went to the neuro today and he keeps telling me that what he found usually only is found in aging people (what the hell does that mean) Since I am only 24 they keep telling me that I too young and ruling things out. Well with that I have been suffering with headaches constantly, aches on right side of body, tongue tied, constantly searching for words and basically that ability to live my life for the past 2 months. I just wish they would put my age aside adn find out what is wrong.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #12
(female)

jptalcott HB User

Have you looked into lyme disease? I've heard that white spots in the brain could be a sign of that, and the symptoms you are describing seem like what I've heard of lyme.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #13
(female)

Bj54 HB User

One of the tests No one has mentioned is a PET scan. It is a medibolical scan and 100 percent effective at pinpointing anything like cancer, virus.. any thing metibolical (growing)
Insurance Co. have gotten so powerful they refuse to pay for it, so doctors do not prescribe it very often.
When my mom was ill, we just wanted a PET scan prescribed, we were going to pay for it out of pocket (cash), but the doctors in Oregon refused to prescibe it.
We finally flew her to CA. Her sypmtoms were begining Dementia, confusion, white spots on the brain and as it turns out she was having seizures but no one knew it because she lived alone.
Turns out she had lymphomia that eventually migrated to her brain. By the time the it was all figured out it was to late for her.
A PET scan 3 or 4 years before, when we asked for one, would have saved her life and a whole lot of fear, ... she was so scared.
Make your doctor explain to you why a PET scan is not right for you. If it is insurance....fight them! Make it public. and good luck

Old 03-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

I have those also. I have been to a few neurologist & they all have a different opinion. One says seizures & brain injury, one says possible stroke, one says it's caused from my history of migraines & another one says most everyone has these not to worry about them. I do have some weird neurological symptoms including numbness & tingling but no one thought I have MS.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #15
(female)

penelope65 HB User

My mother had these and was told they were a precursor to MS (in 2001-she was only 54)-Since that time I had heard significant alcohol abuse could cause these. My mother had migraines (classic) also (as have I and my younger brother). She has since passed due to an accident. I hope everyone gets the help they need.

Closed Thread