It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2001, 11:01 PM   #1

Persian HB User
Post Help

Well guys here is my story, read it if it helps you or you wish to make a comment or any suggestions you may have. It all started when I was playing basketball I noticed the lights bothered my eyes, the next day I had floaters and major diarrhea for 2 days. Then 2 nights later I had major heart speeding went to the ER 3 times for the same thing they said its nothing but anxiety. Now I get random heart flutters or palpitations and chest pain sometimes sharp sometimes mild. I went to a heart doctor told him what was wrong, Always having shortness of breath, random palps, major stomach gas, extreme heart skipping during sexual arousal, floaters in the eye, fatigue even if I walk a little .. he did a trid mill test and found nothing then a X-ray and now Echo cardio and he said if that comes out negative he wants to start me on Paxil. Anyone know anything about Paxil, will it help me? Cause im tired of living like this I cant go on unless I start to feel better. Thanks for time

Old 05-17-2001, 03:28 AM   #2

Robert2 HB User
Your doctors are doing tests to make certain that there are no physiological explainations for your illness. Paxil is a drug commonly given for anxiety attacks. Throughout all of this testing and evaluation, keep in mind that anxiety attacks are a real illness. They occur in a great number of people. The cause is still pretty much unknown, but Paxil is one of many drugs used to treat it.

Anxiety attacks are treatable and can be successfully controlled. You need to be patient though because it can take some time to find what medication works best for you. If you want to facilitate the process, keep a log of anxiety attacks noting the time and circumstances. Also, if the final diagnosis is anxiety, you may be refered to a psychiatrist for treatment. That's OK.

Take care of yourself and consider joining gym. Regular exercise can really help reduce the number of anxiety attacks. If you choose to explore natural medicines, make sure that the herbal remedy you select won't interact with your prescription medicine. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread